What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Darunavir-Cobicistat Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDIES/ POST-MARKET DATA SUGGEST NO INCREASED RISK OF BIRTH DEF
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: MATERNAL EXPOSURE LEVELS ARE SUBSTANTIALLY LOW AND MAY AFFECT TREATMENT EFFICACY
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: CDC DOES NOT RECOMMEND BREASTFEEDING IN HIV-POSITIVE WOMEN.
- Absolute Contraindication: CDC DOES NOT RECOMMEND BREASTFEEDING IN HIV-POSITIVE WOMEN
If you are an adult over 60
Giving Darunavir-Cobicistat Tablet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Potential increased risk for toxicity based on observed juvenile animal toxicity and mortality. Not recommended per manufacturer.
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety data available age < 18 years. Darunavir not recommended age < 3 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.