What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Fluticasone 232 Mcg-Salmeterol 14 Mcg/Actuation Breath Activated Powdr to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: LIMITED HUMAN DATA DO NOT SUGGEST A CLEAR ASSOCIATION FOR DEVELOPMENT TOXICITY.
- FDB Only When Necessary: CURRENT EVIDENCE SUPPORTS USE OF INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS FOR ASTHMA TX IN PREG
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: SYSTEMIC PRODUCTS EXCRETED IN RATS; CAUTION ADVISED WITH NASAL ADMINISTRATION
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Use caution in severe cardiovascular diseases, particularly coronary insufficiency, since beta-agonists increase heart rate and blood pressure. Endocrine-Use caution in poorly controlled hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
- management or monitoring precaution: Musculoskeletal-Use with caution in patients with osteoporosis. Decreases in bone mineral density (BMD) has been observed with long-term administration of products containing inhaled corticosteroids.
Giving Fluticasone 232 Mcg-Salmeterol 14 Mcg/Actuation Breath Activated Powdr to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Growth velocity may be decreased. Monitor growth and use the lowest effective dose. Reports of throat irritation, ear, nose and throat infections.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age<12 years. Do not use for acute asthma. Risk of decreased growth rate.
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk of decreased growth velocity. Titrate to lowest effective dose and monitor growth
- Severe Precaution: Risk of decreased growth velocity. Safety and efficacy not established age < 4 years.
- Severe Precaution: Safety & efficacy not established age <4 years. Not for use in acute asthma attack.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.