Who should not take RALOXIFENE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- increased risk of blood clotting
- a clot in the small veins that carry blood to or from the retina of the eye
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- a clot in the lung
- atrial fibrillation
- chronic heart failure
- a transient ischemic attack, a type of stroke that lasts only a few minutes
- a stroke
- thrombophlebitis, an inflamed vein due to a blood clot
- blood clot in a deep vein of the extremities
- blood clot formation in vein
- liver problems
- tobacco smoking
- increased cardiovascular event risk
- lupus anticoagulant disorder
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- history of pulmonary embolism
- history of deep vein thrombosis
- history of venous thromboembolism
- history of a blood clot in the retinal vein
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using raloxifene HCL?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.