Who should not take Thiothixene?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- breast cancer
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- symptoms from alcohol withdrawal
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- extrapyramidal disease, a type of movement disorder
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- closed angle glaucoma
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- enlarged prostate with urination problem
- a condition where the body is unable to maintain adequate blood flow called shock
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- impairment of central nervous system due to medication
- dementia in an elderly person
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Thiothixene?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.