What Conditions does ACETAZOLAMIDE Treat?
- altitude sickness
- water on the brain with obstruction of cerebrospinal fluid
- a type of seizure disorder called tonic-clonic epilepsy
- seizures with irregular muscle contractions
- petit mal seizures
- simple partial seizures
- multiple seizure types
- pseudotumor cerebri, a condition with high fluid pressure in the brain
- inherited periodic paralysis
- wide-angle glaucoma
- closed angle glaucoma
- an aggressive form of glaucoma called malignant glaucoma
- increased eye pressure caused by another disease
- accumulation of fluid resulting from chronic heart failure
- visible water retention
- fluid retention in the legs, feet, arms or hands
- increase pH of urine
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Diamox oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.