Who should not take EPIRUBICIN HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- significantly decreased activity of the bone marrow
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a heart attack
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- abnormal heart rhythm
- life-threatening irregular heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- stomatitis, a condition with painful swelling and sores inside the mouth
- severe liver disease
- severe renal impairment
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using epirubicin HCL vial?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.