Who should not take QUINIDINE SULFATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- systemic mastocytosis
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- complete heart block
- partial heart block
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- low blood pressure
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- poisoning by the heart medication digitalis
- heart rhythm problems from digitalis or digoxin
- problems with food passing through the esophagus
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
- left bundle branch block, a type of abnormal of heart beat
- defect in heart's electrical intraventricular conduction
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using quinidine sulfate?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.