Macular Degeneration Medical Reference
- Cystoid and Diabetic Macular Edema
Diabetic and cystoid macular edema can be serious threats to your eyesight. Learn how a correct diagnosis and treatment can help you see clearly.
- Macular Hole vs. Macular Pseudohole
Macular holes and pseudoholes are eye conditions that can cause blindness in the center of your vision. But the problems are very treatable. Find out how.
- Can a Macular Pucker Be Fixed?
The macula is what helps you see clear, focused images. If an extra layer of cells or membrane grows on it, it can cause you to have blurry or wavy vision. Surgery is the only option to fix it. Learn more.
- Is Macular Degeneration Hereditary?
Do genes play a role in developing AMD? Find out more about how DNA factors into your eye disease.
- How Doctors Diagnose Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD)
If your doctor thinks you might have age-related macular degeneration, you’ll probably get these tests.
- Wet AMD Injections: What to Expect
Here’s what will happen before, during, and after an anti-VEGF injection to treat the “wet” form of age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD).
- Signs and Symptoms of Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Learn the symptoms of wet age-related macular degeneration, an eye condition that can give you a blind spot in the center of your field of vision.
- What Is Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
The “wet” form of age-related macular degeneration is less common than the “dry” form of the disease. But it can be the more harmful one to your vision.
- Age-Related Vision Problems
Your eyesight changes as you age. What you should know about vision in adulthood and middle age.
- What Is Juvenile Macular Degeneration?
Juvenile macular degeneration (JMD) describes several inherited eye diseases that affect children and young adults. Learn about signs and symptoms.
- Diagnosis of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Find out what kind of exams and tests will help your doctor see if you have age-related macular degeneration.
- Symptoms of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Could you be showing signs of age-related macular degeneration? Learn about the symptoms.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
This eye disease is the top cause of severe, permanent vision loss in people over 60. Learn the symptoms, treatments, and more.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration Diagnosis and Treatment
Age-related macular degeneration is the most common cause of blindness in older people. Find out how it's diagnosed and treated, and how supplements help.