This unusual salad ties together earthy greens, sweet-tart cranberries, smoky cheese and crunchy croutons with a spicy-sweet dressing. Baby chard and beet greens have bright-colored ribs and veins, which give this salad a beautiful look.
- To prepare vinaigrette: Heat mustard seeds, coriander and cumin in a small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrot juice and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Place raisins in a blender and add the hot juice. Let stand for 5 minutes to plump the raisins. Then add vinegar, cilantro, yogurt, honey, crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and blend until combined. Pour in 1/4 cup oil and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- To prepare croutons: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss bread and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl until well combined. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare salad: Season a wooden salad bowl by rubbing with garlic and pinch of salt. Chop the garlic and add to the bowl along with greens. Pour 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette over the greens. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1/2 cup vinaigrette for up to 3 days.) Sprinkle the salad with cranberries, cheese and the croutons; toss and serve.