The unexpected death of NBC Meet the Press host Tim Russert in June shocked many Americans, who suddenly saw themselves at risk for heart trouble. Heart-healthy diets gained traction in 2008, along with tips for recognizing symptoms of heart disease.
Those topics are among the most viewed heart-related stories on WebMD for 2008.
- Whole Grains Fight Belly Fat
- Tim Russert's Death: Questions, Answers
- Recognizing Women's Heart Attack Symptoms
- Too Many Eggs Risky?
- Why Belly Fat Hurts the Heart
- Few Know the 5 Stroke Warning Symptoms
- Smoking Pot a Risk for Serious Heart Problems
- Heartier Benefits Seen From Oatmeal
- Newsman Tim Russert Dies
- Toni Braxton's Microvascular Angina: FAQ