Heart Health News
Tai Chi Lowers Blood Pressure More than Cardio, Study Says
- Workplace Flexibility Lowers Risk for Cardiovascular Disease
November 15, 2023 — If you're more flexible after the pandemic in how and when you do your work, there’s good news: Researchers have found a compelling link between workplace flexibility and a lower risk of diseases of your heart and blood vessels.
- Laughter Really Is Good for the Heart, Study Finds
August 28, 2023 — A study found that people who engaged in “laughter therapy” had less inflammation and improved heart health.
- Long-Term Vitamin D Supplements Might Cut Heart Attack Risk
July 5, 2023 — The possible benefit was slight but significant in a huge trial involving people 60 or older who took the supplement for 5 years.
- Mental Illness Before Age 40 Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke
May 9, 2023 — People diagnosed with a mental health disorder in their 20s or 30s have a higher risk of a heart attack or stroke later in life, according to a new study.
- Keto, Paleo Diets Rank Low for Heart Health, Report Says
April 28, 2023 — The top-10 listing was released Thursday in the journal Circulation and is the first time the American Heart Association has ranked popular diets
- Young Black Women Have Increased High Blood Pressure Risk
March 5, 2023 — Black women are twice as likely as white women to have uncontrolled high blood pressure when they are between the ages of 20 and 50 years old, according to new data from the American Heart Association.
- Despite Progress, Black Americans See Heart Health Disparities
February 22, 2023 — Increased rates of heart failure and stroke disproportionately affect Black Americans, even though overall rates of coronary heart disease are not significantly different than those found in non-Hispanic white peers.