Do you like bacon cheeseburgers? Try this healthy meatloaf recipe packed with bacon and Cheddar cheese. It has all the flavor of a bacon cheeseburger with none of the guilt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray (or see Loaf Pan Variation).
- Pulse onion, mushrooms and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. (Or finely chop them with a knife.)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop 2 slices bacon and add to the bowl with the vegetables. Add 3 tablespoons ketchup, relish and Worcestershire; stir to combine. Stir in egg and breadcrumbs. Add ground beef and with clean hands gently knead the vegetable mixture into the meat; do not overmix. Pat the meat mixture into a loaf shape (about 12 by 5 inches) on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup on top. Sprinkle cheese down the middle and place the remaining 2 slices of bacon on each side of the cheese.
- Bake the meatloaf until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, about 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.