20-Hydroxy-Ecdysterone, 20-Hydroxyecdysone, 20-Hydroxy-Beta-Ecdysterone, Alfa-ecdysone, Beta-ecdysone, Beta Ecdysterone, Ecdisten, Ecdysone, Ecdystérone, Ecdysterona, Hydroxyecdysterone, Isoinokosterone, Suma.<br/><br/>
Overview InformationEcdysterone is a chemical found in insects, some animals that live in water, and some plants. People use it for medicine.
Ecdysterone is used to increase muscle mass and improve athletic performance.
How does it work?Ecdysterone is similar in structure to the male hormone testosterone, but there's no evidence that it works like testosterone in people.
Uses & Effectiveness
Insufficient Evidence for
- Muscle building.
- Improving athletic performance.
- Other conditions.
We currently have no information for ECDYSTERONE Interactions.
The appropriate dose of ecdysterone depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for ecdysterone. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
- Bucci LR. Selected herbals and human exercise performance. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;72:624S-36S.. View abstract.
- Chermnykh NS, Shimanovskii NL, Shutko GV, Syrov VN. [The action of methandrostenolone and ecdysterone on the physical endurance of animals and on protein metabolism in the skeletal muscles]. Farmakol Toksikol 1988;51:57-60.. View abstract.
- Suksamrarn A, Jankam A, Tarnchompoo B, Putchakarn S. Ecdysteroids from a Zoanthus sp. J Nat Prod 2002;65:1194-7.. View abstract.
- Syrov VN, Kurmukov AG. [Anabolic activity of phytoecdysone-ecdysterone isolated from Rhaponticum carthamoides (Willd.) Iljin]. Farmakol Toksikol 1976;39:690-3. View abstract.
- Tsitsimpikou C, Tsamis GD, Siskos PA, et al. Study of excretion of ecdysterone in human urine. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2001;15:1796-801.. View abstract.