Women's Health Features
Gifts for a Healthy Mother’s Day
- Even Women Doctors Find Their Symptoms Aren’t Taken Seriously
Female doctors-turned-patients share their insights about why women’s symptoms are so often dismissed – and how to fix it.
- Eco-Friendly Options for Menstrual Products
Learn about different products to make your menstrual period more environmentally friendly.
- Pregnancy Discharge: Color and Texture Changes
Pregnancy brings all kinds of changes to your body, including an increase in vaginal discharge. Learn more about this unexpected pregnancy change.
- What to Expect from Periods After 40
Before your periods end, your body goes into a phase called perimenopause, which could last 2 to 10 years. During this time, there can be all kinds of changes in your cycle.
- Cancer Screenings You Might Be Missing
Most women know about mammograms and physical exams to check for early signs of breast cancer, but many may not be getting recommended screening exams to help detect and prevent other types of cancer.
- A Guide to ‘Female Viagra’
Medicines for low sex drive in women are often called “female Viagra.” Find out what they are and whether they might work to boost your sex drive.
- Health Risks After Hysterectomies
New research shows that hysterectomies can raise your odds of having other health problems later in life. So if your doctor recommends one, consider your options.
- Build Your Psoriasis Support System
Get support and connect with others by joining psoriasis communities and networks.
- These Doctors Save Lives Around the World
Doctors who volunteer for charity groups are making a difference in countries where treatable health problems can turn deadly without surgery.
- What Hypothyroidism Can Do to Your Body
Untreated hypothyroidism can cause problems throughout your body. Learn what can happen and how to prevent it.
- 10 Questions for Selenis Leyva
We chat with the Orange Is the New Black star about work, family, and her advocacy for the transgender community.
- Better Sleep, Less Stress
Life with hypothyroidism gets much easier if you get good sleep and manage stress, but how do you do those?
- Exercises for an Underactive Thyroid
Getting moving can make you feel better if you have hypothyroidism. Here’s how to get started and which workouts are best.
- Tips to Manage Hypothyroidism
Top ways to control the most common thyroid disorder.
- Why Am I So Tired?
Learn about conditions that might cause you to feel sluggish during the day, such as anemia, thyroid trouble, sleep apnea, diabetes, heart disease, depression, and menopause.
- 7 Things Your Gynecologist Wants You to Know
Does your gyno notice if you wax? WebMD shares seven secrets and tips from female doctors.
- Mariska Hargitay Protects and Serves
'Law & Order: SVU' actor works to help abuse victims –- on the screen and off.
- Always Tired? Your Thyroid May Be to Blame
The thyroid is a small gland with a big job. Here's what you need to know about it.
- Top 10 Health Tips for Women
Want a cheat sheet for healthy living? Our expert serves up her top tips for a lifetime of wellness.
- 5 Fibs Your Doctor Is Fed Up Hearing
One in four patients lies to their doctor. But they’re not exactly getting away with it. What fibs are doctors tired of hearing? And why is it best to fess up?
- Q&A With Mariel Hemingway
The actress and author opens up about her family and how she stays happy and healthy.
- 10 Questions With Marcia Gay Harden
The actor opens up about parenting, perfectionism, and her role in 'Fifty Shades of Grey.'
- Do Natural Treatments Work for Hypothyroidism?
Will alternative treatments for hypothyroidism work for you? Get the answers you’re looking for.
- Queen Latifah Balances Career and Family
Caring for her mother, who struggles with a rare autoimmune disorder, keeps the multi-talented entertainer grounded.
- Q&A With Mira Sorvino
WebMD Magazine talks to 'Intruders' star Mira Sorvino, a mother of 4, about how she balances work, life, and parenthood.
- Egg Freezing: Is It for You?
You think you want to have a baby -- someday. What can you do today to make sure your eggs are ready when you are? One option is to have your eggs harvested and fertilized, but instead of having them implanted, resulting embryos are frozen and stored.
- Zoe Saldana's New Role: Galaxy Goddess
Zoe Saldana plays an alien in her newest film, but she's no stranger to putting the "her" in superhero. Taking it easy, though, is foreign to the actor, who opens up about learning to listen to her body.
- Personal Best: Q&A With Kim Raver
The '24' star shares her diet, exercise, and beauty secrets.
- Should I Have a Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy can often relieve pelvic pain and bleeding, but it’s not the answer for everyone. Learn when removing your uterus can help.
- Personal Best: Q&A With Alison Sweeney
The busy actress prepares for some time off and the release of her book, 'Scared Scriptless.'
- Q&A With Regina Hall
The actress, who had two movies come out last fall and stars in 'Think Like a Man Too' this month, talks about her best and worst health habits.
- Perfect Mother’s Day Presents
Looking for the perfect present this year? Our experts share 8 mom must haves that are sure to please.
- Personal Best: Q&A With Bella Thorne
The teen actress is shaking things up with a new book deal, a solo single, and two new movies.
- Nicole Kidman: Actress, Mom, Women's Advocate
The award-winning actress opens up about how she keeps up with two energetic young children, an intense film career, the travel required to stay close to her musician husband, and her international advocacy work.
- Female Masturbation: 5 Things You May Not Know
Female masturbation is good for your health and your relationship.
- Get By With a Little Help From Your Friends
New research shows the value of friendships and social networks.
- Q&A With Shailene Woodley
The actress shares her healthy living habits.
- Q&A With Kristin Davis
The actress talks about her new TV role and her work to save elephants.
- Laughter: The Best Medicine for Chelsea Handler
The comedian, author, and talk-show host talks about love, laughter, loss, and her new book, "Uganda Be Kidding Me."
- How to Talk So Your Partner Will Listen
A few small changes in what you say can make a big difference in what your partner hears.
- Q&A With Soleil Moon Frye
Remember 'Punky Brewster'? The actress who played her will soon be a mom of three – plus, she's a savvy businesswoman.
- Connie Britton's New Role: Healthy Living
The actress talks about mothering, staying healthy, and her work with cancer organizations.
- Julianna Margulies: Working Mom, ALS Advocate
This super-busy actress takes time for herself and those with ALS.
- Q&A With Tia & Tamera
The actresses, reality TV stars (and identical twins!) share their secrets for balancing work, motherhood, and sibling rivalry.
- Q&A With Judy Greer
The busy actress and stepmom shares her healthy living tips on and off the set.
- Q&A With Jill Scott
The actress, writer, and singer has a new album, a new film, and a strong commitment to good health.
- Q&A With Maria Bello
The actress talks about social justice, health, and her work with Haitian women.
- Q & A With Jane Lynch
The actress and comedian tells WebMD Magazine about her passion for animals, her best and worst health habits, and what doing improv has taught her about love, conflict, and the importance of listening.
- Q & A With Olivia Munn
The "Newsroom" star reveals her go-to healthy foods, beauty products, and more.