Taking the First Steps
You may be worried about depression for many reasons:
- You can't stop feeling sad or crying.
- You often feel angry.
- You've lost interest in things you love.
- You're having a hard time dealing with stress.
Depression affects one in 10 -- or nearly 15 million -- adults in the U.S. If you think you might be depressed, don't try to tough it out. Make an appointment with a doctor or therapist.
In this step-by-step guide you'll find out how to get the help you need, including:
- Finding out more about treatment options
- Understanding your depression
- Learning which healthy habits, like exercise, can boost your mood
At the end of this article you will find a list of more in-depth articles on many of these topics.