Your Balancing Life Checklist
Feel like the day-to-day grind has taken control of your life? Get your balance back! Try these steps.
- Schedule a date with a bath or good book. Keep it, just like you would a business appointment.
- Trade services with friends. Offer to do things you enjoy or were planning to do anyway.
- Say "no thanks" to activities that sap energy but don't help your personal or professional life.
- Combine tasks. For example, fill prescriptions where you buy groceries.
- Set priorities, then work through your list in order of importance.
- Outsource chores. Hire a teenager to mow your lawn. Have groceries delivered.
- Plan one fun activity a week. It gives you something to look forward to!
- Set boundaries. Practice saying no.
- Turn off the TV. Resist the urge to watch the late show, and go to bed.
- Set your alarm earlier and avoid the morning rush.
- Work exercise into your day. Take a walk at lunch, use the stairs instead of the elevator, or add a gym-time reminder to your calendar.
- Live in the moment. If you’re playing with your kids, forget about work deadlines!