Cholesterol Management Slideshows
Myths and Facts About Managing High Cholesterol
- Surprising Causes of High Cholesterol
You may think high cholesterol is linked to fatty foods and smoking. But some other causes may surprise you: certain coffees, pregnancy, and even some medicines. Find out what might be bumping your LDL levels up.
- All About Triglycerides
It’s not just your cholesterol numbers that make up your lipid profile. Triglycerides are part of the picture as well. Find out more about triglycerides and how much you should have in your blood.
- Mistakes That Can Affect Your Cholesterol
High cholesterol can be trouble. Find out if you’re doing things that can make it harder to keep your numbers in check.
- Foods to Avoid If You Have High Triglycerides
If you have high triglycerides, what you eat matters. Find out what foods you should avoid.
- Foods to Help Lower LDL (‘Bad’) Cholesterol
When you're working on lowering your LDL ("bad") cholesterol, what you eat matters. These foods can help.
- Foods That Are Surprisingly Bad for Your Cholesterol
Are you trying to lower your cholesterol level? Then you need to know about these surprising foods that may raise your cholesterol.
- Beyond Cholesterol: 14 Ways to Lower Triglycerides
To keep your heart healthy, you may need to watch your triglyceride levels. Use these tips to learn how to keep them in check.
- DASH Diet for Heart Health -- Lowering Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
Eat right for a healthy heart. See how the DASH diet can help you keep your blood pressure and cholesterol under control.
- Slideshow: Cholesterol 101 -- What Your Levels Mean
Pictures help explain cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good, bad, and triglycerides. Learn about the tests, treatments, and critical foods from eggs to avocados.
- 16 Tips to Lower Your Cholesterol
Is your "bad" (LDL) level too high? Bring it back down with these tips.