Health & Diet Features
The Facts About Food Cravings
- Truth and Myths About B12
Vitamin B12 supplements are hailed as a remedy for everything from weight loss to Alzheimer’s. Do they really help? Learn the truth.
- Making Medicine from ‘Carrot Dust’: The Chefs and Scientists Cooking Up New Ways to Feed Us
The Drexel University Food Lab blends hands-on culinary arts with rigorous research science in an effort to heal a broken food system, one innovative product at a time.
- A Focus on Fitness, Not Fatness
Instead of focusing on the number on the scale, paying attention to overall health could be the key to achieving real fitness goals.
- What You Should Know About 10 Popular Dietary Supplements
Learn key facts about 10 popular supplements, and what you should know if you choose to take one.
- What You Need to Know About Body Fat
Body fat isn’t just about your size or how you look. It’s crucial to your body’s function and overall health.
- Your Keto Diet Shopping List
Before you head to the market, print this keto diet shopping list.
- Allulose: What to Know About This Sugar Alternative
Allulose is an alternative sweetener that has 90% fewer calories than normal sugar. Learn more about the safety, side effects, and uses.
- Myths About Snacking
Learn the truth about snacking and how to snack the right way.
- Food Expiration Dates: What to Know
Learn how to understand food expiration dates so you don’t throw away food before it goes bad.
- What Foods to Buy in Bulk
Learn what foods are good to buy in bulk.
- Foods to Avoid if You’re Feeling Bloated
Learn about bloating and what types of foods you should avoid to limit your stomach bloating.
- 5 Healthy Food Myths Debunked
Learn about 5 food myths you need to stop believing.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Ready to Make Some Changes
Since the pandemic, I’ve been out of control -- I need a reboot. I want to start eating healthier and feeling better about myself.
- Pick the Right Vitamins and Supplements for You
What, if any, vitamins should you be taking? Find out how to pick the right supplements for you.
- The Benefits of Eating Breakfast
From controlling your weight and preventing disease to thinking sharp and being in a better mood, there are plenty of reasons to eat a healthy meal to start your day.
- Pink Shares Body-Positive Message About BMI on Instagram
The singer's "gym selfie" highlights the problem with using the classic measure of a person's health based on their weight.
- How Many Calories Are in Your Wine?
Make sure you’re drinking to your health -- and not against it.
- 10 Questions With Laura Prepon
Actor to author: The Orange Is the New Black star shares how she stays healthy, fit, and balanced.
- Can Breakfast Help You Lose Weight?
Can breakfast help you slim down?
- Quick, On-the-Go Sunrise Eats
Don’t skip breakfast! These portable morning treats can get you out the door and start your day off right.
- The Truth About Bacon
Is bacon good or bad for you? Healthier ways to enjoy the bacon craze.
- Can Stress Cause Weight Gain?
Can stress cause you to gain weight? Here's the answer and advice on what you should do with it.
- Is Your Loved One Getting the Nutrients They Need?
Chronic conditions can take a toll on the body’s ability to get good nutrition. Find out what four things to watch for.
- 6 Tips for Better Days With a Chronic Condition
When you’re managing an ongoing condition, the little things you do for yourself can make a difference in how you feel. Get ideas to try.
- Use Substitutions to Bake Low-Cal Holiday Treats
Shortening, butter, white flour, and sugar make for high-cal holiday sweats. Try these swaps.
- Reduce Your Sugar Intake
Have a big sweet tooth? Take this simple advice and cut back on how much sugar you eat.
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Your Waistline
Satisfy your sweet tooth and still watch your waistline.
- Stop Counting Calories
Are you constantly counting calories? Stop! It's more about the quality of food than a number.
- What's Water Weight?
What's the deal with water weight? Can you avoid the bloat and extra pounds?
- Can I Lose Weight Without Dieting?
A strict diet isn't the only way to lower the scale.
- Practice Holiday (Food) Forgiveness
Eat more than you planned at Thanksgiving? Forgive yourself for indulging in Turkey Day dishes.
- How to Eat Smart at the Airport
The airport terminal is a junk food paradise. Here's what to bring and what to buy when hunger hits.
- How to Take Your Healthy Diet On the Road
While on the road, dining out can tip the scales. Learn how to make smart choices.
- Is It Better to Be a Vegetarian?
Is the rumor true? Are vegetarians healthier than meat eaters?
- Stop Beating Yourself Up for Breaking a Diet
You're bound to cheat a little on your diet, so stop beating yourself up and stay motivated.
- Stop Falling for Diet Quick Fixes
There are no shortcuts when it comes to weight loss. Don't fall for those quick fix fad diets.
- Be a Part-Time-Vegetarian
Simple ways to ease into the veggie lifestyle.
- Break Your Junk-Food Addiction
Tips to kick the junkfood habit.
- Do Men Lose Weight Faster Than Women?
The answer is not as simple as yes or no. Find out why.
- Eat Mindfully
Stay present with this healthy, focused apporach to mealtime.
- 6 Calorie-Saving Subsititues You'll Never Notice
Healthy ingredient options that never skimp on flavor.
- 7 Celeb Slim-Down Secrets
Keep your body famously fit with advice from celebrity fitness pros.
- Get Off Junk Food
How to dump the junk and make healthier choices.
- Choose Your Holiday Candy Wisely
You don't have to shut down your sweet tooth. Just be selective.
- Will Eating Certain Foods Help Me Burn Calories?
Not all calories are created equal. Some foods can speed up your weight loss.
- Your Diet Foods Just Got Better
Simple things you can do to make sure you get the most nutrition out of your food.
- Make Your Resolution Wellness, Not Weight Loss
Did you make a resolution to lose weight? Try to focus on lifestyle changes instead.
- Healthy Ways to Gain Weight
Get tips on adding pounds without loading up on junk food. Learn how to pick high-calorie foods that have plenty of nutrients, too.
- How to Get More Veggies Into Your Family
Do you hate vegetables? Here are some tips and recipes to help you learn to love those healthy veggies.