Health & Diet Features
Can ‘Soda Taxes’ Improve Our Health?
- Happy Weight vs. Healthy Weight: What Does It Mean?
If you’re wondering, "How much should I weigh?" or can’t seem to reach your ideal weight, here's help. You can be healthy and happy by eating well and exercising often, even if you aren’t at your "perfect" weight.
- Diversifying Nutrition and Dietetics: Expert Q&A
Food is more than nutrition. It often reflects culture, ethnicity, and even religion. Consulting with an expert from a diverse background can improve health outcomes.
- The Truth About Holiday Weight Gain
In reality, most people don't gain a lot between Thanksgiving and New Year's. But just an extra pound gained every year during the holidays adds up over time.
- The Facts About Food Cravings
Learn ways to manage your food cravings and why they happen in the first place.
- Truth and Myths About B12
Vitamin B12 supplements are hailed as a remedy for everything from weight loss to Alzheimer’s. Do they really help? Learn the truth.
- Making Medicine from ‘Carrot Dust’: The Chefs and Scientists Cooking Up New Ways to Feed Us
The Drexel University Food Lab blends hands-on culinary arts with rigorous research science in an effort to heal a broken food system, one innovative product at a time.
- A Focus on Fitness, Not Fatness
Instead of focusing on the number on the scale, paying attention to overall health could be the key to achieving real fitness goals.
- What You Should Know About 10 Popular Dietary Supplements
Learn key facts about 10 popular supplements, and what you should know if you choose to take one.
- What You Need to Know About Body Fat
Body fat isn’t just about your size or how you look. It’s crucial to your body’s function and overall health.
- Your Keto Diet Shopping List
Before you head to the market, print this keto diet shopping list.
- Allulose: What to Know About This Sugar Alternative
Allulose is an alternative sweetener that has 90% fewer calories than normal sugar. Learn more about the safety, side effects, and uses.
- Myths About Snacking
Learn the truth about snacking and how to snack the right way.
- Food Expiration Dates: What to Know
Learn how to understand food expiration dates so you don’t throw away food before it goes bad.
- What Foods to Buy in Bulk
Learn what foods are good to buy in bulk.
- Foods to Avoid if You’re Feeling Bloated
Learn about bloating and what types of foods you should avoid to limit your stomach bloating.
- 5 Healthy Food Myths Debunked
Learn about 5 food myths you need to stop believing.
- Healthier 2021: You've Got to Believe in Yourself
Believing is the key to unlocking doors. For me, it’s knowing that I can continue this wellness journey by making the best choices for me.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Boosting Her Immune System
My white blood cell count is unusually low. And since white blood cells help the body fight off infections, I'm doing what I can to ramp up my immunity.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Practicing Self-Care
This week I scheduled an hour-long appointment at a stretch studio a few minutes from my place, and it was just the recharge I needed.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Lifting Weights!
Lifting weights at the gym was intimidating, but my health coach helped me set some goals and get motivated.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Staying Hydrated
In my journey to getting healthier in 2021, I realized that I don’t drink nearly enough water every day. But, I found a trick to keep myself hydrated.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Getting a Boost From Her Support System
I think it’s important that during this journey to a healthier lifestyle, I surround myself with people who cheer me on and believe in me.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Got Her Mojo Back!
It was my birthday week, but I still made progress in my journey to becoming a healthier me.
- Healthier 2021: Laura Is Finding Motivation in Her 'Why'
My family has a history of heart disease and diabetes. So, it’s important for me to stay committed to my health goals.
- Healthier 2021: Laura's Ready to Make Some Changes
Since the pandemic, I’ve been out of control -- I need a reboot. I want to start eating healthier and feeling better about myself.
- Pick the Right Vitamins and Supplements for You
What, if any, vitamins should you be taking? Find out how to pick the right supplements for you.
- The Benefits of Eating Breakfast
From controlling your weight and preventing disease to thinking sharp and being in a better mood, there are plenty of reasons to eat a healthy meal to start your day.
- Pink Shares Body-Positive Message About BMI on Instagram
The singer's "gym selfie" highlights the problem with using the classic measure of a person's health based on their weight.
- How Many Calories Are in Your Wine?
Make sure you’re drinking to your health -- and not against it.
- 10 Questions With Laura Prepon
Actor to author: The Orange Is the New Black star shares how she stays healthy, fit, and balanced.
- Can Breakfast Help You Lose Weight?
Can breakfast help you slim down?
- Quick, On-the-Go Sunrise Eats
Don’t skip breakfast! These portable morning treats can get you out the door and start your day off right.
- The Truth About Bacon
Is bacon good or bad for you? Healthier ways to enjoy the bacon craze.
- Can Stress Cause Weight Gain?
Can stress cause you to gain weight? Here's the answer and advice on what you should do with it.
- Is Your Loved One Getting the Nutrients They Need?
Chronic conditions can take a toll on the body’s ability to get good nutrition. Find out what four things to watch for.
- 6 Tips for Better Days With a Chronic Condition
When you’re managing an ongoing condition, the little things you do for yourself can make a difference in how you feel. Get ideas to try.
- What's Water Weight?
What's the deal with water weight? Can you avoid the bloat and extra pounds?
- Use Substitutions to Bake Low-Cal Holiday Treats
Shortening, butter, white flour, and sugar make for high-cal holiday sweats. Try these swaps.
- Reduce Your Sugar Intake
Have a big sweet tooth? Take this simple advice and cut back on how much sugar you eat.
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Your Waistline
Satisfy your sweet tooth and still watch your waistline.
- Stop Counting Calories
Are you constantly counting calories? Stop! It's more about the quality of food than a number.
- How to Take Your Healthy Diet On the Road
While on the road, dining out can tip the scales. Learn how to make smart choices.
- Is It Better to Be a Vegetarian?
Is the rumor true? Are vegetarians healthier than meat eaters?
- Break Your Junk-Food Addiction
Tips to kick the junkfood habit.
- Do Men Lose Weight Faster Than Women?
The answer is not as simple as yes or no. Find out why.
- Eat Mindfully
Stay present with this healthy, focused apporach to mealtime.
- Choose Your Holiday Candy Wisely
You don't have to shut down your sweet tooth. Just be selective.
- Will Eating Certain Foods Help Me Burn Calories?
Not all calories are created equal. Some foods can speed up your weight loss.
- Your Diet Foods Just Got Better
Simple things you can do to make sure you get the most nutrition out of your food.