Who should not take SIMPONI?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- miliary tuberculosis
- inactive tuberculosis
- opportunistic fungal infection
- pneumonia with a fungus called Pneumocystis jirovecii
- a bad infection
- infection that lasts a long time
- cancer or malignancy
- a reduction in the body's resistance to infection
- a type of blood disorder with a decrease in all types of blood cells called pancytopenia
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- multiple sclerosis
- demyelination, a type of nervous system disorder
- chronic heart failure
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- a condition with symptoms that resemble lupus
- abnormal liver function tests
- reactivation of a past tuberculosis infection
- malignant lymphoma
- resolved hepatitis B
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- hepatitis B
- hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using golimumab subcutaneous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.