Who should not take Brevicon (28) Oral?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- breast cancer
- family history of breast cancer
- tumor that is dependent on estrogen for growth
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- low levels of parathyroid hormone
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- inherited disorder of continuing episodes of swelling
- deficiency of anti-clotting agents
- increased risk of blood clotting
- a clot in the small veins that carry blood to or from the retina of the eye
- optic disk edema
- high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- coronary artery disease
- a clot in the lung
- heart valve disease
- a stroke
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- thrombophlebitis, an inflamed vein due to a blood clot
- blood clot in a deep vein of the extremities
- at risk for formation of blood clots
- liver problems
- disease of the gallbladder
- recent operation
- tobacco smoking
- protein C deficiency disease
- migraine with aura
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Brevicon (28) Oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.