Who should not take Acthar HP Injection?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- TB involving the lungs
- inactive tuberculosis
- herpes simplex infection of the eye
- an infection due to a fungus
- an infection
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- a hormone disorder where the body produces high levels of cortisol called Cushing's syndrome
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- psychotic disorder
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- increased pressure in the eye
- glaucoma, an increased pressure in the eye
- clouding of the lens of the eye called cataracts
- high blood pressure
- chronic heart failure
- inflammation of the esophagus
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- hardening of the liver
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- scleroderma, hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues
- osteoporosis, a condition of weak bones
- recent operation
- visible water retention
- major traumatic injury
- an eye infection
- increase in cell growth of adrenal gland present at birth
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Acthar HP Injection?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.