Who should not take Kaletra?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- high cholesterol and high triglycerides
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal heart rhythm
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- liver problems
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- structural disorder of heart
- an abnormal but slight slowing of the heart called first degree atrioventricular block
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Kaletra?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.