Who should not take RITONAVIR?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- a type of joint disorder due to excess uric acid in the blood called gout
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- abnormal heart rhythm
- liver problems
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- abnormal liver function tests
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- structural disorder of heart
- an abnormal but slight slowing of the heart called first degree atrioventricular block
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using ritonavir?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.