What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Norgestimate-Ethinyl Estradiol to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAIL DATA NO KNOWN RISK FOR DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY AFTER INADVERTENT EXPOSURE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK PRODUCTION, USE LOWEST DOSE
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; PROGESTINS ARE EXCRETED
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Use lowest possible dose for shortest duration and in combination with a progestin as indicated to reduce the risk of endometrial hyperplasia and breast cancer. Cardiovascular-May increase risk for thromboembolic events. Avoid use in patients with known, suspected, or history of arterial or venous thromboembolic disease. Neuro/Psych-May increase the risk for dementia.
Giving Norgestimate-Ethinyl Estradiol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not indicated before menarche.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.