Although all families face stress, military families face a unique set of stressors that can negatively affect their health and well-being.
The Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, and individual branches of the military provide a variety of online resources to help families navigate these challenges.
You can find some of these at the links below.
- Military Family Support: News, videos, photos, and blogs
- MilitaryHOMEFRONT: The Department of Defense web site for official Military Community and Family Policy (MC&FP) program information
- Military OneSource: A resource for military members and their families; Military OneSource is provided by the Department of Defense at no cost to active duty, Guard and Reserve (regardless of activation status), and their families. It is a virtual extension of installation services.
- Military Health System: News, education, training, and research
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Information about benefits, services, and health care
- Army Family Readiness Group: Secure online communities for soldiers and family members
- Navy Family Readiness: Support for Navy members and their families
- Marine Corps Family Programs: Support for Marines and their families
- National Guard Family Program: Support for National Guard members and their families
The Veterans Crisis Line connects veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255, and Press 1, chat online, or send a text to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a weekm 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available,