The Insulin Coma Therapy Mystery
- Schizophrenia: Is the FDA Hindering the Most Effective Med?
Are FDA REMS restrictions blocking access to clozapine for people with schizophrenia?
- How to Talk to Your Loved One's Care Team
It's not always easy to stay informed about their care. These tips can help.
- When to Change Schizophrenia Treatments
How caregivers can tell when their loved one's treatment plan needs an adjustment.
- Your Schizophrenia Caregiving Support Team
Caring for someone with schizophrenia isn't a one-person job. Here’s how to build a network of support.
- Helping Someone Stick With Schizophrenia Treatment
Empathy and positive reinforcement can help them stay the course.
- What It's Like to Live Well With Schizophrenia
20 million people around the world have schizophrenia. But this conditions still carries a lot of stigma. Find out how two individuals with schizophrenia find hope, succeed in life, and defeat stereotypes.
- Can I Drink Alcohol While Taking Schizophrenia Medications?
If you have schizophrenia, you may wonder if it’s OK to drink alcohol when taking medications to manage your condition. For most people, that’s not a good idea.
- Support Animals for Schizophrenia
Animals are on the new frontier of therapy to help people with severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, manage their symptoms.
- Is Kombucha Good for Schizophrenia?
Kombucha is a fermented drink with bold health claims. So, is kombucha really good for people with schizophrenia?
- Schizophrenia and Life Expectancy
People with schizophrenia tend to have lower life expectancy than those who don’t have the disease. Schizophrenia itself isn’t life-threatening. But people who have it are more likely to have other health conditions that raise their chances of death.
- Wellness Apps for Schizophrenia
Mobile apps may help someone with schizophrenia stick to a medication schedule; keep tabs on mood, sleep, and day-to-day functioning; and even manage symptoms such as hallucinations.
- The Best Videos, Blogs, and Books on Schizophrenia
These resources can help you navigate your symptoms and challenges and find inspiration, hope, and knowledge that you can and will get better.
- Managing Schizophrenia With Family and Work
There’s no one way to live with schizophrenia. The symptoms and challenges are different for each person with the illness. But your life is about more than your diagnosis. Having a support system, family or other loved ones, and a fulfilling job can allow you to live with schizophrenia on your own terms and achieve your personal recovery goals.
- Vitamins, Supplements That May Help With Schizophrenia
If you or a loved one has schizophrenia, you may wonder whether medication alone is enough to treat or prevent symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, and aggression. Learn more about what the research shows and what doctors recommend.
- What’s the Link Between Alcohol and Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia raises your odds of another serious condition: misusing alcohol. Alcohol can also trigger psychosis. Learn more about the link between schizophrenia and alcohol, and about treatment options.
- Does CBD Oil Help With Schizophrenia?
Scientists are studying CBD oil for schizophrenia and dozens of other health conditions. Here’s what to know if you have schizophrenia and are thinking of trying CBD.
- Dating With Schizophrenia
Dating when you have schizophrenia can be a challenge. But your condition doesn’t have to stand in the way of a happy, healthy relationship. Get tips on easing into the dating game.
- Helping Your Loved One Get Schizophrenia Treatment
Find out the steps you can take to help your loved one with schizophrenia when he or she is refusing to get treatment.
- Can You Prevent Schizophrenia?
A look at whether there are ways to reduce the risk of developing schizophrenia.
- Schizophrenia: How to Take Care of Your Health
Tips for schizophrenia patients on how to stay healthy.
- What a Schizophrenia Expert Wants You to Know
An expert explains the latest treatments for schizophrenia.
- Helping a Loved One Stick With Schizophrenia Meds
Advice for caregivers of people with schizophrenia on how to get patients to stick with their medications.
- Schizophrenia: How to Ask for Help
Tips for schizophrenia patients on how to reach out to family, friends, and health care professionals to get a support system in place.
- Schizophrenia: How to Avoid Caregiver Stress
Advice for caregivers of schizophrenia patients on how to avoid caregiver stress and burnout.
- How to Talk to Others About Schizophrenia
Advice for caregivers or schizophrenia patients on how to talk to others about the condition.
- Working With Schizophrenia
It’s important to have a job when you have a mental illness like schizophrenia. See why.
- When Schizophrenia Appears
Learn the signs of schizophrenia.
- Intercepting Schizophrenia
Psychiatric drugs might prevent schizophrenia before symptoms start. But who should get this treatment?
- How Families Can Cope with Schizophrenia
What can families do to help their schizophrenic relatives, and to cope with this devastating illness?