Barriers to Care
- Helping Them Feel Less Alone
Here’s how you can make your loved one with schizophrenia feel less lonely and isolated. It can be hard for them to share their reality with others.
- Day-to-Day Challenges
From getting her son to his doctor appointments to making sure he takes his medicine, Carol Spears faces difficult daily responsibilities as a caregiver.
- Understanding Their Diagnosis
Two decades ago, the internet painted a frightening picture of schizophrenia for Anita Fisher’s son. But she found hope by diving into his diagnosis.
- The Fearful Stigma of Schizophrenia
To fight the fear, Trinh Dang of NAMI says education will foster empathy for those with schizophrenia.
- “Mental Illness Is a Family Illness”
A mental illness changes the dynamic of the family, Anita Fisher says. Navigating her son’s diagnosis 22 years ago was a learning curve for everyone.
- Keeping Track of Medication for Schizophrenia
It can be hard to stay on top of treatment with this mental illness, so here are some tips to make taking your meds a habit.
- First Steps After a Schizophrenia Relapse
Don’t worry, you can get back on track. Here’s what to do in case your symptoms return.
- 5 Schizophrenia Facts
Schizophrenia doesn’t mean you have multiple personalities. Get to know who it affects and when early signs begin.
- Voices: Living With Schizophrenia
Michelle Hammer, living with schizophrenia, sheds the stigma of mental illness through her art and clothing line.
- My Life With Schizophrenia
Richard Fyock battles paranoid schizophrenia. See how he manages his mental illness and volunteers to help others with the same condition.
- Should I Monitor Their Medication?
What’s the best way to make sure your loved one takes their medication for a serious mental illness like schizophrenia?
- Schizophrenia and Social Interaction
The benefits of social activity for people with schizophrenia.
- My Life With Paranoid Schizophrenia
Follow one woman’s challenges with paranoia and how a psychiatrist treated her for schizophrenia.
- Caring for Others With Schizophrenia
Lori Brickman shares the importance of support and hope. She’s a caregiver to her son who has schizophrenia.
- Schizophrenia: What to Do in Case of a Relapse
Do you know what to do during a relapse? Take these steps to get help fast.
- Staying the Treatment Course
Schizophrenia patients and an expert discuss the challenges and importance of staying the treatment course.
- Treatment Options for Schizophrenia
With Proper Treatment and skills training, schizophrenia patients can recover to lead a happy and healthy life.
- Art Therapy for the Mentally Ill
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter has made it one of her missions to raise awareness around the plight of the mentally ill.