Ba Ji Tian, Bois Douleur, Canarywood, Cheese Fruit, Hai Ba Ji, Hawaiian Noni, Hog Apple, Indian Mulberry, Jus de Noni, Luoling, Mengkudu, Menkoedoe, Mora de la India, Morinda, Morinda citrifolia, Mulberry, Mûre Indienne, Nhau, Noni Juice, Nono, Nonu, Pau-Azeitona, Rotten Cheese Fruit, Ruibarbo Caribe, Tahitian Noni Juice, Ura, Wild Pine, Wu Ning, Yor.
Overview InformationNoni is a small evergreen tree found in the Pacific Islands, Southeast Asia, Australia, and India. It often grows among lava flows. Historically, noni was used to make a red or yellow dye for clothing. It has also been used as medicine.
People use noni for cancer, high blood pressure, athletic performance, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses. The FDA has issued multiple warnings to noni manufacturers about health claims that aren't supported by research.
How does it work?Noni contains many substances, including potassium. Some of these substances might help repair damaged cells in the body, activate the immune system, and have other activities.
Uses & Effectiveness
Insufficient Evidence for
- Cancer. Early research suggests that taking 6-8 grams of noni daily might improve physical function, fatigue, and pain in people with advanced cancer.
- Arthritis of the neck (cervical spondylosis). Early research suggests that taking noni juice while participating in physiotherapy for 4 weeks can improve neck pain and flexibility better than physiotherapy alone. But physiotherapy alone seems to relieve pain and improve flexibility better than noni juice alone.
- Athletic performance. Early research suggests that drinking a juice containing noni, grapefruit, and blackberry juices for 21 days can increase exercise endurance in distance runners.
- Hearing loss. Early research suggests that drinking 4 ounces of noni juice daily for 3 months does not improve hearing in hearing-impaired women.
- High blood pressure. Early research suggests that drinking 4 ounces of noni juice daily for one month can reduce blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
- Skin infection caused by Leishmania parasites (Leishmania lesions). Early research suggests applying an ointment to the skin that contains noni stem might reduce some of the symptoms of this condition.
- Osteoarthritis. Early research suggests that drinking 3 ounces of noni juice daily for 90 days can reduce the need for pain relievers and improve quality of life in people with osteoarthritis.
- Nausea and vomiting after surgery. Some research shows that noni fruit can reduce nausea after surgery. But it doesn't seem to reduce vomiting.
- Aging skin .
- Common cold.
- Excessive crying in infants (colic).
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis).
- Heart disease.
- Indigestion (dyspepsia).
- Infections of the kidney, bladder, or urethra (urinary tract infections or UTIs).
- Liver disease.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Seizure disorder (epilepsy).
- Stimulating menstrual flow.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Wound healing.
- Other conditions.
Side Effects & SafetyWhen taken by mouth: Noni is POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults. Consuming dried noni fruit might cause some stomach discomfort. There are also several reports of liver damage in people who consumed noni tea or juice for several weeks. It isn't clear if noni was the cause of these side effects.
When applied to the skin: Noni is POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults when used in an ointment.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Noni is POSSIBLY UNSAFE to take when pregnant. Historically, noni has been used to cause abortions. There isn't enough reliable information to know if noni is safe to use when breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Kidney disease: Noni contains large amounts of potassium. This can be a problem, especially for people with kidney disease. Don't use noni if you have kidney problems.
High potassium levels: Drinking noni fruit juice might increase potassium levels in the blood and make them too high, especially in people who already have high levels.
Liver disease: Noni has been linked to several cases of liver damage. Avoid using noni if you have liver disease.
Be cautious with this combination
Medications for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors) interacts with NONI
Some medications for high blood pressure can increase potassium levels in the blood. Consuming noni juice along with these medications for high blood pressure might cause too much potassium in the blood.
Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), ramipril (Altace), and others.
Medications for high blood pressure (Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs)) interacts with NONI
Some medications for high blood pressure can increase potassium levels in the blood. Consuming noni juice along with these medications for high blood pressure might cause too much potassium to be in the blood.
Some medications for high blood pressure include losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), irbesartan (Avapro), candesartan (Atacand), telmisartan (Micardis), eprosartan (Teveten), and others.
Medications that can harm the liver (Hepatotoxic drugs) interacts with NONI
Noni might harm the liver. Taking noni along with medication that might also harm the liver can increase the risk of liver damage. Do not take noni if you are taking a medication that can harm the liver.
Some medications that can harm the liver include acetaminophen (Tylenol and others), amiodarone (Cordarone), carbamazepine (Tegretol), isoniazid (INH), methotrexate (Rheumatrex), methyldopa (Aldomet), fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Sporanox), erythromycin (Erythrocin, Ilosone, others), phenytoin (Dilantin), lovastatin (Mevacor), pravastatin (Pravachol), simvastatin (Zocor), and many others.
Warfarin (Coumadin) interacts with NONI
Warfarin (Coumadin) is used to slow blood clotting. Taking noni juice might decrease how well warfarin (Coumadin) works to slow blood clotting. This could increase the chance of blood clotting.
Water pills (Potassium-sparing diuretics) interacts with NONI
Noni contains large amounts of potassium. Some "water pills" can also increase potassium levels in the body. Taking some "water pills" along with noni might cause too much potassium to be in the body.
Some "water pills" that increase potassium in the body include amiloride (Midamor), spironolactone (Aldactone), and triamterene (Dyrenium).
The appropriate dose of noni depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for noni. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
- Akihisa, T., Matsumoto, K., Tokuda, H., Yasukawa, K., Seino, K., Nakamoto, K., Kuninaga, H., Suzuki, T., and Kimura, Y. Anti-inflammatory and potential cancer chemopreventive constituents of the fruits of Morinda citrifolia (Noni). J.Nat.Prod. 2007;70(5):754-757. View abstract.
- Akinbo R, Noronha CC Okanlawon AO Danesi MA. Comparative study of the effect of Morinda citrifo/ia (Noni) with Selected Physiotherapy Modalities in the Management of Patients with Cervical Spondylosis. Nigerian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences. 2006;5(2):6-11.
- Albin, K. C., Carstens, M. I., and Carstens, E. Modulation of oral heat and cold pain by irritant chemicals. Chem.Senses 2008;33(1):3-15. View abstract.
- ATKINSON, N. Antibacterial substances from flowering plants. 3. Antibacterial activity of dried Australian plants by a rapid direct plate test. Aust.J Exp Biol Med Sci 1956;34(1):17-26. View abstract.
- Basar, S., Uhlenhut, K., Hogger, P., Schone, F., and Westendorf, J. Analgesic and antiinflammatory activity of Morinda citrifolia L. (Noni) fruit. Phytother.Res. 2010;24(1):38-42. View abstract.
- Basu, S. and Hazra, B. Evaluation of nitric oxide scavenging activity, In Vitro and Ex Vivo, of selected medicinal plants traditionally used in inflammatory diseases. Phytother Res 2006;20(10):896-900. View abstract.
- Beh, H. K., Seow, L. J., Asmawi, M. Z., Abdul Majid, A. M., Murugaiyah, V., Ismail, N., and Ismail, Z. Anti-angiogenic activity of Morinda citrifolia extracts and its chemical constituents. Nat.Prod.Res. 2012;26(16):1492-1497. View abstract.
- Brown, A. C. Anticancer activity of Morinda citrifolia (Noni) fruit: a review. Phytother.Res. 2012;26(10):1427-1440. View abstract.
- Bushnell, O. A., Fukuda, M., and Makinodian, T. The antibacterial properties of some plants found in Hawaii. Pac Sci 1950;4:167-183.
- Deng, S., Palu, ' K., West, B. J., Su, C. X., Zhou, B. N., and Jensen, J. C. Lipoxygenase inhibitory constituents of the fruits of noni (Morinda citrifolia) collected in Tahiti. J.Nat.Prod. 2007;70(5):859-862. View abstract.
- Duncan, S. H., Flint, H. J., and Stewart, C. S. Inhibitory activity of gut bacteria against Escherichia coli 0157 mediated by dietary plant metabolites. FEMS Microbiol Lett 1998;164:283-285.
- Dussossoy, E., Brat, P., Bony, E., Boudard, F., Poucheret, P., Mertz, C., Giaimis, J., and Michel, A. Characterization, anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects of Costa Rican noni juice (Morinda citrifolia L.). J.Ethnopharmacol. 1-7-2011;133(1):108-115. View abstract.
- Furusawa, E., Hirazumi, A., Story, S., and Jensen, J. Antitumour potential of a polysaccharide-rich substance from the fruit juice of Morinda citrifolia (Noni) on sarcoma 180 ascites tumour in mice. Phytother Res 2003;17(10):1158-1164. View abstract.
- Glang J. Untersuchungen zum Einfluss von Morinda citrifolia L. Fruchtsaft auf den Infektions - und Entzündungsstatus einer Gingivitis/Parodontitis. Dissertation 2009;
- Glerup, P. Tahitian Noni juice: A 13-week oral (gavage) toxicity study in rats. 2001;
- Harada, S., Fujita-Hamabe, W., Kamiya, K., Satake, T., and Tokuyama, S. [Involvement of glycemic control in the inhibiting effect of Morinda citrifolia on cerebral ischemia-induced neuronal damage]. Yakugaku Zasshi 2010;130(5):707-712. View abstract.
- Harada, S., Hamabe, W., Kamiya, K., Satake, T., and Tokuyama, S. [Protective effect of Morinda citrifolia on the ischemic neuronal damage]. Yakugaku Zasshi 2009;129(2):203-207. View abstract.
- Harada, S., Hamabe, W., Kamiya, K., Satake, T., Yamamoto, J., and Tokuyama, S. Preventive effect of Morinda citrifolia fruit juice on neuronal damage induced by focal ischemia. Biol.Pharm.Bull. 2009;32(3):405-409. View abstract.
- Hirazumi, A., Furusawa, E., Chou, S. C., and Hokama, Y. Anticancer activity of Morinda citrifolia (noni) on intraperitoneally implanted Lewis lung carcinoma in syngeneic mice. Proc West Pharmacol.Soc. 1994;37:145-146. View abstract.
- Hirazumi, A., Furusawa, E., Chou, S. C., and Hokama, Y. Immunomodulation contributes to the anticancer activity of morinda citrifolia (noni) fruit juice. Proc West Pharmacol.Soc. 1996;39:7-9. View abstract.
- Issell, B. F., Gotay, C. C., Pagano, I., and Franke, A. A. Using quality of life measures in a Phase I clinical trial of noni in patients with advanced cancer to select a Phase II dose. J.Diet.Suppl 2009;6(4):347-359. View abstract.
- Issell, B. F., Gotay, C., Pagano, I., and Franke, A. Quality of life measures in a phase I trial of noni. 2005;
- Kamiya, K., Tanaka, Y., Endang, H., Umar, M., and Satake, T. Chemical constituents of Morinda citrifolia fruits inhibit copper-induced low-density lipoprotein oxidation. J Agric.Food Chem. 9-22-2004;52(19):5843-5848. View abstract.
- Kamiya, K., Tanaka, Y., Endang, H., Umar, M., and Satake, T. New anthraquinone and iridoid from the fruits of Morinda citrifolia. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 2005;53(12):1597-1599. View abstract.
- Kandaswamy, D., Venkateshbabu, N., Gogulnath, D., and Kindo, A. J. Dentinal tubule disinfection with 2% chlorhexidine gel, propolis, morinda citrifolia juice, 2% povidone iodine, and calcium hydroxide. Int.Endod.J. 2010;43(5):419-423. View abstract.
- Langford, J., Doughty, A., Wang, M., Clayton, L., and Babich, M. Effects of Morinda citrifolia on quality of life and auditory function in postmenopausal women. J Altern.Complement Med 2004;10(5):737-739. View abstract.
- Liu, G., Bode, A., Ma, W. Y., Sang, S., Ho, C. T., and Dong, Z. Two novel glycosides from the fruits of Morinda citrifolia (noni) inhibit AP-1 transactivation and cell transformation in the mouse epidermal JB6 cell line. Cancer Res 8-1-2001;61(15):5749-5756. View abstract.
- Ma DL, Su CX Gao J Liu T West BJ. Evaluation of the ergogenic potential of noni juice. Phytother Res. 2008;
- No author. Morinda citrifolia L. noni has cholesterol lowering potential. The 47th Annual Meeting of Society for Economic Botany. 2006;
- Olaku, O. and White, J. D. Herbal therapy use by cancer patients: a literature review on case reports. Eur.J.Cancer 2011;47(4):508-514. View abstract.
- Palu AK, Santiago RA West B Kaluhiokalani N Jensen J. The Effects of Morillda citrifolia L. Noni on High Blood Pressure: A Mechanistic Investigation and Case Study. ACS SYMPOSIUM SERIES 993 2008;
- Palu AK, Seifulla RD West BJ. Morinda citrifolia L. (noni) improves athlete endurance: Its mechanisms of action. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 2008;2(7):154-158.
- Palu, KA West BJ Jensen J Zhou BN. Morinda citrifolia L. Noni has Cholesterol Lowering Potential. Folk Botanical Wisdom: Towards Global Markets. Chiang Mai, Thailand 2006;
- Product Safety Labs. Acute oral toxicity study in rats - limit test: Tahitian Noni concentrate. 1999;
- Product Safety Labs. Acute oral toxicity study in rats - limit test: Tahitian Noni juice. 1999;
- Product Safety Labs. Acute oral toxicity study in rats - limit test: Tahitian Noni puree. 1999;
- Punjanon, T. and Nandhasri, P. Analgesic effect of the alcoholic extract from the fruits of Morinda citrifolia. 2005;4:678.
- Rivas MR, Cárdenas MB Monteagudo GL Freire PS Guerr LL Machado BV Costa LD. Pre-clinical Evaluation of the Anti-inflammatory Effect of the Juice of Morinda citrifolia L. Rev.Cubana Plant Med. 2005;10:3-4.
- Saludes, J. P., Garson, M. J., Franzblau, S. G., and Aguinaldo, A. M. Antitubercular constituents from the hexane fraction of Morinda citrifolia Linn. (Rubiaceae). Phytother Res 2002;16(7):683-685. View abstract.
- Sang, S., He, K., Liu, G., Zhu, N., Cheng, X., Wang, M., Zheng, Q., Dong, Z., Ghai, G., Rosen, R. T., and Ho, C. T. A new unusual iridoid with inhibition of activator protein-1 (AP-1) from the leaves of Morinda citrifolia L. Org.Lett 5-3-2001;3(9):1307-1309. View abstract.
- Sang, S., Liu, G., He, K., Zhu, N., Dong, Z., Zheng, Q., Rosen, R. T., and Ho, C. T. New unusual iridoids from the leaves of noni (Morinda citrifolia L.) show inhibitory effect on ultraviolet B-induced transcriptional activator protein-1 (AP-1) activity. Bioorg.Med Chem. 6-12-2003;11(12):2499-2502. View abstract.
- Sattar, F. A., Ahmed, F., Ahmed, N., Sattar, S. A., Malghani, M. A., and Choudhary, M. I. A double-blind, randomized, clinical trial on the antileishmanial activity of a Morinda citrifolia (Noni) stem extract and its major constituents. Nat.Prod.Commun. 2012;7(2):195-196. View abstract.
- Seyfulla RD. REPORT on clinical test of influence of juice "Tahitian Noni" on exercise performance of highly qualified athletes training for development of endurance (middle- and long-distance runners), degree of free radical reoxidation of eicosanoid acids lipids in a stand experiment. Not Available 2007;
- Su, B. N., Pawlus, A. D., Jung, H. A., Keller, W. J., McLaughlin, J. L., and Kinghorn, A. D. Chemical constituents of the fruits of Morinda citrifolia (Noni) and their antioxidant activity. J Nat Prod 2005;68(4):592-595. View abstract.
- SUkandar'I EY, Qowiyah A Pumamasari DRR Farmasi S Bandung JT. Teratogenicity study of combination of ginger rhizome extract and noni fruit extract in Wistar rat. Mojalah Farmasi Indonesia 2009;20(1):48-54.
- Wang MY, Anderson G Nowicki D Jensen J. Cardiovascular disease prevention with Morinda citrifolia (noni) by improving lipoprotein profiles in a chronic liver injury model induced by carbon tetrachloride in female SD rats. Circulation. 2005;111(E78):40-88.
- Wang MY, Henley E Nolting J. The Effects of Morinda citrifolia (Noni) Fruit Juice on Serum Cholesterol and Triglyceride in Current Smokers. Poster Presentations 2006;E327:78.
- Wang, M. Y. and Su, C. Cancer preventive effect of Morinda citrifolia (Noni). Ann N.Y Acad.Sci 2001;952:161-168. View abstract.
- Wang, M. Y., Lutfiyya, M. N., Weidenbacher-Hoper, V., Anderson, G., Su, C. X., and West, B. J. Antioxidant activity of noni juice in heavy smokers. Chem.Cent.J. 2009;3:13. View abstract.
- Wang, M. Y., Nowicki, D., Anderson, G., Su, C., and Jensen, J. Protective effects of
- Wang, M. Y., Peng, L., Lutfiyya, M. N., Henley, E., Weidenbacher-Hoper, V., and Anderson, G. Morinda citrifolia (noni) reduces cancer risk in current smokers by decreasing aromatic DNA adducts. Nutr.Cancer 2009;61(5):634-639. View abstract.
- Wang, M. Y., Su, C., Nowicki, D., Jensen, J., and Anderson, G. Protective effect of
- Wang, M., Kikuzaki, H., Jin, Y., Nakatani, N., Zhu, N., Csiszar, K., Boyd, C., Rosen, R. T., Ghai, G., and Ho, C. T. Novel glycosides from noni (Morinda citrifolia). J Nat Prod 2000;63(8):1182-1183. View abstract.
- Wang, Mian-Ying Diane Nowicki Gary Anderson Alexandra Cheerva Jarakae Jensen. The heart protetion study: Improvement of lipoprotein profiles in current smokers receiving Morinda citrifolia (noni) fruit juice. Circulation. 2004;109:29.
- Wong, D. K. Are immune responses pivotal to cancer patient's long term survival? Two clinical case-study reports on the effects of Morinda citrifolia (Noni). Hawaii Med J 2004;63(6):182-184. View abstract.
- Zin AM, Haid AA Osman A Saari N Misran A. Isolation and Identificiation of antioxidative compounds from fruit of Mengkudu (Morinda citrifolia L.). International Journal of Food Properties. 2007;10:363-373.
- Anon. Acute oral toxicity study in rats-limit test: Tahitian Noni® Juice. 1999;
- Barani K, Manipal S, Prabu D, Ahmed A, Adusumilli P, Jeevika C. Anti-fungal activity of Morinda citrifolia (noni) extracts against Candida albicans: an in vitro study. Indian J Dent Res. 2014;25(2):188-90.View abstract.
- Bussmann RW, Hennig L, Giannis A, Ortwein J, Kutchan TM, Feng X. Anthraquinone Content in Noni (Morinda citrifolia L.). Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:208378.View abstract.
- Carlsen SM, Folling I, Grill V, et al. Metformin increases total homocysteine levels in non-diabetic male patients with coronary heart disease. Scand J Clin Lab Invest 1997;57:521-7. View abstract.
- Carr ME, Klotz J, Bergeron M. Coumadin resistance and the vitamin supplement "Noni". Am J Hematol 2004;77:103. View abstract.
- Clinicaltrials.gov. Phase I Study of Noni in Cancer Patients. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00033878?order=1 (Accessed 17 September 2004).
- Hiramatsu T, Imoto M, Koyano T, Umezawa K. Induction of normal phenotypes in ras-transformed cells by damnacanthal from Morinda citrifolia. Cancer Lett 1993;73:161-6. View abstract.
- Hirazumi A, Furusawa E. An immunomodulatory polysaccharide-rich substance from the fruit juice of Morinda citrifolia (noni) with antitumour activity. Phytother Res 1999;13:380-7. View abstract.
- Hiwasa T, Arase Y, Chen Z, et al. Stimulation of ultraviolet-induced apoptosis of human fibroblast UVr-1 cells by tyrosine kinase inhibitors. FEBS Lett 1999;444:173-6. View abstract.
- Hornick CA, Myers A, Sadowska-Krowicka H, et al. Inhibition of angiogenic initiation and disruption of newly established human vascular networks by juice from Morinda citrifolia (noni). Angiogenesis 2003;6:143-9. View abstract.
- Huang HL, Ko CH, Yan YY, Wang CK. Antiadhesion and anti-inflammation effects of noni (Morinda citrifolia) fruit extracts on AGS cells during Helicobacter pylori infection. J Agric Food Chem. 2014 19;62(11):2374-83. View abstract.
- Jensen CJ, Westendorf J, Wang MY, Wadsworth DP. Noni juice protects the liver. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006;18:575-7. View abstract.
- Jiménez-Encarnación E, Ríos G, Muñoz-Mirabal A, Vilá LM. Euforia-induced acute hepatitis in a patient with scleroderma. BMJ Case Rep 2012;2012. View abstract.
- Koch E, Biber A. Treatment of rats with the Pelargonium sidoides extract EPs 7630 has no effect on blood coagulation parameters or on the pharmacokinetics of warfarin. Phytomedicine 2007;14 Suppl 6:40-5. View abstract.
- Lim SL, Goh YM, Noordin MM, Rahman HS, Othman HH, Abu Bakar NA, Mohamed S. Morinda citrifolia edible leaf extract enhanced immune response against lung cancer. Food Funct. 2016;7(2):741-51. View abstract.
- López-Cepero Andrada JM, Lerma Castilla S, Fernández Olvera MD, Amaya Vidal A. [Hepatotoxicity caused by a noni (Morinda citrifolia) preparation]. [Article in Spanish] Rev Esp Enferm Dig 2007;99:179-81. View abstract.
- Mahattanadul S, Ridtitid W, Nima S, et al. Effects of Morinda citrifolia aqueous fruit extract and its biomarker scopoletin on reflux esophagitis and gastric ulcer in rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2011;134:243-50. View abstract.
- Marchiori D, Zanello PP. Efficacy of N-acetylcysteine, D-mannose and Morinda citrifolia to treat recurrent cystitis in breast cancer survivals. In Vivo. 2017 Sep-Oct;31(5):931-936. View abstract.
- McClatchey W. From Polynesian healers to health food stores: changing perspectives of Morinda citrifolia (Rubiaceae). Integr Cancer Ther 2002;1:110-20. View abstract.
- McKoy ML, Thomas EA, Simon OR. Preliminary investigation of the anti-inflammatory properties of an aqueous extract from Morinda citrifolia (noni). Proc West Pharmacol Soc 2002;45:76-8. View abstract.
- Millonig G, Stadlmann S, Vogel W. Herbal hepatotoxicity: acute hepatitis caused by a Noni preparation (Morinda citrifolia). Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2005;17:445-7. View abstract.
- Mohamad Shalan NAA, Mustapha NM, Mohamed S. Chronic toxicity evaluation of Morinda citrifolia fruit and leaf in mice. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017 Feb;83:46-53. doi: 10.1016/j.yrtph.2016.11.022. View abstract.
- Mueller BA, Scott MK, Sowinski KM, Prag KA. Noni juice (Morinda citrifolia): hidden potential for hyperkalemia? Am J Kidney Dis 2000;35:310-2. View abstract.
- Murata K, Abe Y, Shinohara K, Futamura-Masuda M, Uwaya A, Isami F, Matsuda H. Anti-allergic activity of the Morinda citrifolia extract and its constituents. Pharmacognosy Res. 2014;6(3):260-5. View abstract.
- Nima S, Kasiwong S, Ridtitid W, et al. Gastrokinetic activity of Morinda citrifolia aqueous fruit extract and its possible mechanism of action in human and rat models. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;142(2):354-61. View abstract.
- Nowak D, Goslinski M, Wesolowska A, Berenda K, Poplawski C. Effects of acute consumption of noni and chokeberry juices vs. energy drinks on blood pressure, heart rate, and blood glucose in young adults. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2019;2019:6076751. View abstract.
- Palu AK. TAHITIAN NONI® Juice: Its Antioxidant Capacity Is Only A Part of the Repertoires of Its Scientifically Proven Health Benefits What the Antioxidant Methods Actually Measure. Tahitian Noni International Research Center American Fork, Utah 2004;
- Pawlus AD, Su BN, Keller WJ, Kinghorn AD. An anthraquinone with potent quinone reductase-inducing activity and other constituents of the fruits of Morinda citrifolia (noni). J Nat Prod 2005;68:1720-2. View abstract.
- Potterat O, Felten R, Dalsgaard PW, Hamburger M. Identification of TLC markers and quantification by HPLC-MS of various constituents in noni fruit powder and commercial noni-derived products. J Agric Food Chem 2007;55:7489-94. View abstract.
- Prapaitrakool S, Itharat A. Morinda citrifolia Linn. for prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting. J Med Assoc Thai 2010;(93 Suppl 7):S204-9. View abstract.
- Raj RK. Screening of indigenous plants for anthelmintic action against human Ascaris lumbricoides:Part II. Ind J Physiol Pharmacol 1975;19;47-9. View abstract.
- Ratnoglik SL, Aoki C, Sudarmono P, Komoto M, Deng L, Shoji I, Fuchino H, Kawahara N, Hotta H. Antiviral activity of extracts from Morinda citrifolia leaves and chlorophyll catabolites, pheophorbide a and pyropheophorbide a, against hepatitis C virus. Microbiol Immunol. 2014;58(3):188-94. View abstract.
- Samoylenko V, Zhao J, Dunbar DC, et al. New constituents from noni (Morinda citrifolia) fruit juice. J Agric Food Chem 2006;54:6398-402. View abstract.
- Sharma K, Pachauri SD, Khandelwal K, Ahmad H, Arya A, Biala P, Agrawal S, Pandey RR, Srivastava A, Srivastav A, Saxena JK, Dwivedi AK. Anticancer Effects of Extracts from the Fruit of Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) in Breast Cancer Cell Lines. Drug Res (Stuttg). 2016;66(3):141-7. View abstract.
- Stadlbauer V, Fickert P, Lackner C, et al. Hepatotoxicity of NONI juice: report of two cases. World J Gastroenterol 2005;11:4758-60. View abstract.
- Stadlbauer V, Weiss S, Payer F, Stauber RE. Herbal does not at all mean innocuous: the sixth case of hepatotoxicity associated with morinda citrifolia (noni). Am J Gastroenterol 2008;103:2406-7. View abstract.
- Wang MY, Lutfiyya N Weidenbacher-Hoper V Peng L Lipsky MS Anderson G. Morinda citrifolia L. (noni) improves the Quality of Life in adults with Osteoarthritis. Functional Foods in Health and Disease. 2011;2:75-90.
- Wang MY, West BJ, Jensen CJ, et al. Morinda citrifolia (Noni): a literature review and recent advances in Noni research. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2002;23:1127-41. View abstract.
- Young DS. Effects of Drugs on Clinical Laboratory Tests 4th ed. Washington: AACC Press, 1995.
- Younos C, Rolland A, Fleurentin J, et al. Analgesic and behavioural effects of Morinda citrifolia. Planta Med 1990;56:430-4. View abstract.
- Yu EL, Sivagnanam M, Ellis L, Huang JS. Acute hepatotoxicity after ingestion of Morinda citrifolia (noni berry) juice in a 14-year-old boy. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2011;52:222-4. View abstract.
- Yuce B, Gulberg V, Diebold J, Gerbes AL. Hepatitis induced by noni juice from morinda citrifolia: a rare cause of hepatotoxicity or the tip of the iceberg? Digestion 2006;73:167-70. View abstract.
- Zhang ZQ, Yuan L, Yang M, et al. The effect of Morinda officinalis How, a Chinese traditional medicinal plant, on the DRL 72-s schedule in rats and the forced swimming test in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2002;72:39-43. View abstract.
Have you ever purchased NONI?
Did you or will you purchase this product in-store or online?
Where did you or where do you plan to purchase this product?
Where did you or where do you plan to purchase this product?
What factors influenced or will influence your purchase? (check all that apply)
Where did you or where do you plan to purchase this product?
Do you buy vitamins online or instore?
What factors are most important to you? (check all that apply)