Basidiomycetes Mushroom, Champignon Basidiomycète, Champignon d’Immortalité, Champignon Reishi, Champignons Reishi, Ganoderma, Ganoderma lucidum, Hongo Reishi, Ling Chih, Ling Zhi, Mannentake, Mushroom, Mushroom of Immortality, Mushroom of Spiritual Potency, Red Reishi, Reishi, Reishi Antler Mushroom, Reishi Rouge, Rei-Shi, Spirit Plant.<br/><br/>
Overview InformationReishi mushroom is a fungus. Some people describe it as "tough" and "woody" with a bitter taste. The above-ground part and portions of the below-ground parts are used as medicine.
Reishi mushroom is used for cancer, aging, boosting the immune system to prevent or treat infections, and for many other reasons, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
In combination with other herbs, reishi mushroom is used to treat prostate cancer. Also in combination with other ingredients, reishi mushroom may be used for viruses, such as the human papilloma virus (HPV), genital herpes, and cold sores.
How does it work?Reishi mushroom contains chemicals that seem to have a variety of potentially beneficial effects, including activity against tumors (cancer) and beneficial effects on the immune system.
Uses & Effectiveness
Insufficient Evidence for
- Alzheimer's disease. Early research shows that taking reishi mushroom powder does not improve memory or quality of life in people with Alzheimer's disease.
- Enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia; BPH). Men with enlarged prostates often have urinary symptoms. Taking reishi mushroom extract can improve some urinary symptoms such as the need to urinate often or immediately. But other symptoms such as urine flow rate don't seem to improve. Also it's not clear if reishi mushroom improves urinary symptoms in men with enlarged prostates. It might only improve urinary symptoms caused by other conditions.
- Cancer-related tiredness. Early research shows that taking reishi mushroom powder reduces tiredness in people with breast cancer.
- Noncancerous tumors in the colon and rectum (colorectal adenomas). Early research shows that taking reishi mushroom extract can reduce the number and size of these tumors.
- Clogged arteries. Early research shows that taking reishi mushroom extract (Ganopoly) reduces chest pain and shortness of breath in people with clogged arteries.
- Diabetes. Most research shows that taking reishi mushroom extract doesn't improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes. But most of these studies were small, and some conflicting results exist.
- Genital herpes. Early research shows that taking a mixture of reishi mushroom and other ingredients helps reduces the time needed for herpes outbreaks to heal.
- Hepatitis B. Early research shows that taking reishi mushroom (Ganopoly) reduces how much of the hepatitis B virus is in the body. This product also seems to improve liver function in people with this condition.
- Cold sores. Early research shows that taking a mixture of reishi mushroom and other ingredients reduces the time needed for cold sores to heal.
- HPV (Human papilloma virus). Early research shows that taking a combination of reishi mushroom and coriolus mushroom reduces amounts of HPV virus in the mouth.
- High blood pressure. The effect of reishi mushroom on blood pressure is conflicting. Taking reishi mushroom doesn't seem to lower blood pressure in people with only slightly high blood pressure. But it seems to lower blood pressure in people with more severe high blood pressure.
- Lung cancer. Early research shows that taking reishi mushroom does not shrink lung tumors. but it seems to improve immune function and quality of life in people with lung cancer.
- Shingles-related pain. Some people report that hot water extracts of reishi mushroom decreases pain when conventional treatment does not work.
- Altitude sickness.
- Asthma and bronchitis.
- Boosting the immune system.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
- HIV disease.
- Kidney disorders.
- Liver disease.
- Prostate cancer.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia).
- Viral infections.
- Other conditions.
Side Effects & SafetyReishi mushroom extract is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth appropriately for up to one year.
Reishi mushroom is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth in a powdered form for more than one month. Use of powdered reishi mushroom has been associated with toxic effects on the liver.
Reishi mushroom can also cause other side effects including dryness of the mouth, throat, and nasal area along with itchiness, stomach upset, nosebleed, and bloody stools. Drinking reishi wine can cause a rash. Breathing in reishi spores can trigger allergies.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking reishi mushroom if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Bleeding disorder: High doses of reishi mushroom might increase the risk of bleeding in some people with certain bleeding disorders.
Low blood pressure: Reishi mushroom seems to be able to lower blood pressure. There is a concern that it might make low blood pressure worse and could interfere with treatment. If your blood pressure is too low, it is best to avoid reishi mushroom.
A clotting disorder called thrombocytopenia: High doses of reishi mushroom might increase the risk of bleeding in people with thrombocytopenia. If you have this condition, do not use reishi mushroom.
Surgery: High doses of reishi mushroom might increase the risk of bleeding in some people if used before or during surgery. Stop using reishi mushroom at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
Be cautious with this combination
Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs) interacts with REISHI MUSHROOM
Reishi mushroom might decrease blood pressure. Taking reishi mushroom along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.<br/><br/> Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDIURIL), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.
Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs) interacts with REISHI MUSHROOM
High doses of reishi mushroom might slow blood clotting. Taking reishi mushroom along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding.<br/><br/> Some medications that slow blood clotting include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others.
The appropriate dose of reishi mushroom depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for reishi mushroom. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
- Seto, S. W., Lam, T. Y., Tam, H. L., Au, A. L., Chan, S. W., Wu, J. H., Yu, P. H., Leung, G. P., Ngai, S. M., Yeung, J. H., Leung, P. S., Lee, S. M., and Kwan, Y. W. Novel hypoglycemic effects of Ganoderma lucidum water-extract in obese/diabetic (+db/+db) mice. Phytomedicine. 2009;16(5):426-436. View abstract.
- Shimizu, A., Yano, T., Saito, Y., and Inada, Y. Isolation of an inhibitor of platelet aggregation from a fungus, Ganoderma lucidum. Chem Pharm Bull.(Tokyo) 1985;33(7):3012-3015. View abstract.
- Sliva, D., Labarrere, C., Slivova, V., Sedlak, M., Lloyd, F. P., Jr., and Ho, N. W. Ganoderma lucidum suppresses motility of highly invasive breast and prostate cancer cells. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 11-8-2002;298(4):603-612. View abstract.
- Sliva, D., Sedlak, M., Slivova, V., Valachovicova, T., Lloyd, F. P., Jr., and Ho, N. W. Biologic activity of spores and dried powder from Ganoderma lucidum for the inhibition of highly invasive human breast and prostate cancer cells. J.Altern.Complement Med. 2003;9(4):491-497. View abstract.
- Su, C., Shiao, M., and Wang, C. Potentiation of ganodermic acid S on prostaglandin E(1)-induced cyclic AMP elevation in human platelets. Thromb.Res 7-15-2000;99(2):135-145. View abstract.
- van der Hem, L. G., van der Vliet, J. A., Bocken, C. F., Kino, K., Hoitsma, A. J., and Tax, W. J. Prolongation of allograft survival with Ling Zhi-8, a new immunosuppressive drug. Transplant.Proc. 1994;26(2):746. View abstract.
- Wachtel-Galor, S., Szeto, Y. T., Tomlinson, B., and Benzie, I. F. Ganoderma lucidum ('Lingzhi'); acute and short-term biomarker response to supplementation. Int.J.Food Sci.Nutr. 2004;55(1):75-83. View abstract.
- Wachtel-Galor, S., Tomlinson, B., and Benzie, I. F. Ganoderma lucidum ("Lingzhi"), a Chinese medicinal mushroom: biomarker responses in a controlled human supplementation study. Br.J.Nutr. 2004;91(2):263-269. View abstract.
- Wanmuang, H., Leopairut, J., Kositchaiwat, C., Wananukul, W., and Bunyaratvej, S. Fatal fulminant hepatitis associated with Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi) mushroom powder. J Med Assoc Thai. 2007;90(1):179-181. View abstract.
- Xiao, G. L., Liu, F. Y., and Chen, Z. H. [Clinical observation on treatment of Russula subnigricans poisoning patients by Ganoderma lucidum decoction]. Zhongguo Zhong.Xi.Yi.Jie.He.Za Zhi. 2003;23(4):278-280. View abstract.
- Yan B, Wei Y Li Y. Effect of Laojunxian Lingzhi oral liquid combined with chemotherapy on non-parvicellular lung cancer at stage II and III. Traditional Chinese Drug Research & Clinical Pharmacology 1998;9(2):78-80.
- Yun, T. K. Update from Asia. Asian studies on cancer chemoprevention. Ann.N.Y Acad.Sci. 1999;889:157-192. View abstract.
- Zhang X, Jia Y Li Q Niu S Zhu S Shen C. Clinical curative effect investigation of Lingzhi tablet on lung cancer. Chinese Traditional Patent Medicine 2000;22(7):486-488.
- Zhong, L., Jiang, D., and Wang, Q. [Effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Leyss ex Fr) Karst compound on the proliferation and differentiation of K562 leukemic cells]. Hunan.Yi.Ke.Da.Xue.Xue.Bao. 1999;24(6):521-524. View abstract.
- Zhu, H. S., Yang, X. L., Wang, L. B., Zhao, D. X., and Chen, L. Effects of extracts from sporoderm-broken spores of Ganoderma lucidum on HeLa cells. Cell Biol.Toxicol. 2000;16(3):201-206. View abstract.
- Zhuang, S. R., Chen, S. L., Tsai, J. H., Huang, C. C., Wu, T. C., Liu, W. S., Tseng, H. C., Lee, H. S., Huang, M. C., Shane, G. T., Yang, C. H., Shen, Y. C., Yan, Y. Y., and Wang, C. K. Effect of citronellol and the Chinese medical herb complex on cellular immunity of cancer patients receiving chemotherapy/radiotherapy. Phytother.Res. 2009;23(6):785-790. View abstract.
- Donatini B. Control of oral human papillomavirus (HPV) by medicinal mushrooms, Trametes versicolor and Ganoderma lucidum: a preliminary clinical trial. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2014;16(5):497-8. View abstract.
- el-Mekkawy S, Meselhy MR, Nakamura N, et al. Anti-HIV-1 and anti-HIV-1-protease substances from Ganoderma lucidum. Phytochem 1998;49:1651-7. View abstract.
- Gao Y, Zhou S, Jiang W, et al. Effects of ganopoly (a Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide extract) on the immune functions in advanced-stage cancer patients. Immunol Invest 2003;32:201-15. View abstract.
- Gau JP, Lin CK, Lee SS, et al. The lack of antiplatelet effect of crude extracts from ganoderma lucidum on HIV-positive hemophiliacs. Am J Chin Med 1990;18:175-9. View abstract.
- Hennicke F, Cheikh-Ali Z, Liebisch T, Maciá-Vicente JG, Bode HB, Piepenbring M. Distinguishing commercially grown Ganoderma lucidum from Ganoderma lingzhi from Europe and East Asia on the basis of morphology, molecular phylogeny, and triterpenic acid profiles. Phytochemistry. 2016 Jul;127:29-37. View abstract.
- Hijikata Y, Yamada S, Yasuhara A. Herbal mixtures containing the mushroom Ganoderma lucidum improve recovery time in patients with herpes genitalis and labialis. J Altern Complement Med. 2007 Nov;13(9):985-7. View abstract.
- Hijikata Y, Yamada S. Effect of Ganoderma lucidum on postherpetic neuralgia. Am J Chin Med 1998;26:375-81. View abstract.
- Hikino H, Ishiyama M, Suzuki Y, et al. Mechanisms of hypoglycemic activity of ganoderan B: a glycan of Ganoderma lucidum fruit bodies. Planta Med 1989;55:423-8. View abstract.
- Kim DH, Shim SB, Kim NJ, et al. Beta-glucuronidase-inhibitory activity and hepatoprotective effect of Ganoderma lucidum. Biol Pharm Bull 1999;22:162-4. View abstract.
- Kim HS, Kacew S, Lee BM. In vitro chemopreventive effects of plant polysaccharides (Aloe barbadensis miller, Lentinus edodes, Ganoderma lucidum and Coriolus versicolor). Carcinogenesis 1999;20:1637-40. View abstract.
- Kim RS, Kim HW, Kim BK. Suppressive effects of Ganoderma lucidum on proliferation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Mol Cells 1997;7:52-7. View abstract.
- Klupp NL, Chang D, Hawke F, Kiat H, Cao H, Grant SJ, Bensoussan A. Ganoderma lucidum mushroom for the treatment of cardiovascular risk factors. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Feb 17;2:CD007259. View abstract.
- Komoda Y, Shimizu M, Sonoda Y, et al. Ganoderic acid and its derivatives as cholesterol synthesis inhibitors. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 1989;37:531-3. View abstract.
- Kwok Y, Ng KFJ, Li, CCF, et al. A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the platelet and global hemostatic effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Ling-Zhi) in healthy volunteers. Anesth Analg 2005;101:423-6. View abstract.
- Lee SY, Rhee HM. Cardiovascular effects of mycelium extract of Ganoderma lucidum: inhibition of sympathetic outflow as a mechanism of its hypotensive action. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 1990;38:1359-64. View abstract.
- Min BS, Nakamura N, Miyashiro H, et al. Triterpenes from the spores of Ganoderma lucidum and their inhibitory activity against HIV-1 protease. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 1998;46:1607-12. View abstract.
- Noguchi M, Kakuma T, Tomiyasu K, Kurita Y, Kukihara H, Konishi F, Kumamoto S, Shimizu K, Kondo R, Matsuoka K. Effect of an extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms: a double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized and dose-ranging study. Asian J Androl. 2008 Jul;10(4):651-8. View abstract.
- Noguchi M, Kakuma T, Tomiyasu K, Yamada A, Itoh K, Konishi F, Kumamoto S, Shimizu K, Kondo R, Matsuoka K. Randomized clinical trial of an ethanol extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms. Asian J Androl. 2008 Sep;10(5):777-85. View abstract.
- Ríos JL, Andújar I, Recio MC, Giner RM. Lanostanoids from fungi: a group of potential anticancer compounds. J Nat Prod. 2012 Nov 26;75(11):2016-44. View abstract.
- Singh AB, Gupta SK, Pereira BM, Prakash D. Sensitization to Ganoderma lucidum in patients with respiratory allergy in India. Clin Exp Allergy 1995;25:440-7. View abstract.
- Sun J, He H, Xie BJ. Novel antioxidant peptides from fermented mushroom Ganoderma lucidum. J Agric Food Chem 2004;52:6646-52. View abstract.
- Tao J, Feng KY. Experimental and clinical studies on inhibitory effect of ganoderma lucidum on platelet aggregation. J Tongji Med Univ 1990;10:240-3. View abstract.
- van der Hem LG, van der Vliet JA, Bocken CF, et al. Ling Zhi-8: studies of a new immunomodulating agent. Transplantation 1995;60:438-43. View abstract.
- Wang GH, Wang LH, Wang C, Qin LH. Spore powder of Ganoderma lucidum for the treatment of Alzheimer disease: A pilot study.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018 May;97(19):e0636. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000010636. View abstract.
- Wang SY, Hsu ML, Hsu HC, et al. The anti-tumor effect of Ganoderma lucidum is mediated by cytokines released from activated macrophages and T lymphocytes. Int J Cancer 1997;70:699-705. View abstract.
- Wasser SP, Weis AL. Therapeutic effects of substances occurring in higher Basidiomycetes mushrooms: a modern perspective. Crit Rev Immunol 1999;19:65-96. View abstract.
- Wu DT, Deng Y, Chen LX. Evaluation on quality consistency of Ganoderma lucidum dietary supplements collected in the United States. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 10;7(1):7792. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-06336-3. View abstract.
- Yoon SY, Eo SK, Kim YS, et al. Antimicrobial activity of Ganoderma lucidum extract alone and in combination with some antibiotics. Arch Pharm Res 1994;17:438-42. View abstract.
- Yuen JW, Gohel MD. Anticancer effects of Ganoderma lucidum: a review of scientific evidence. Nutr Cancer 2005;53:11-7. View abstract.
- Zhao H, Zhang Q, Zhao L, Huang X, Wang J, Kang X. Spore Powder of Ganoderma lucidum Improves Cancer-Related Fatigue in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Endocrine Therapy: A Pilot Clinical Trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:809614. View abstract.
- Berger, A., Rein, D., Kratky, E., Monnard, I., Hajjaj, H., Meirim, I., Piguet-Welsch, C., Hauser, J., Mace, K., and Niederberger, P. Cholesterol-lowering properties of Ganoderma lucidum in vitro, ex vivo, and in hamsters and minipigs. Lipids Health Dis. 2-18-2004;3:2. View abstract.
- Cao, Q. Z. and Lin, Z. B. Antitumor and anti-angiogenic activity of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides peptide. Acta Pharmacol.Sin. 2004;25(6):833-838. View abstract.
- Chen, T. W., Wong, Y. K., and Lee, S. S. [In vitro cytotoxicity of Ganoderma lucidum on oral cancer cells]. Chung Hua I.Hsueh Tsa Chih (Taipei) 1991;48(1):54-58. View abstract.
- Cheuk, W., Chan, J. K., Nuovo, G., Chan, M. K., and Fok, M. Regression of gastric large B-Cell lymphoma accompanied by a florid lymphoma-like T-cell reaction: immunomodulatory effect of Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi)? Int J Surg Pathol 2007;15(2):180-186. View abstract.
- Chu, T. T., Benzie, I. F., Lam, C. W., Fok, B. S., Lee, K. K., and Tomlinson, B. Study of potential cardioprotective effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi): results of a controlled human intervention trial. Br.J.Nutr. 2012;107(7):1017-1027. View abstract.
- Eo, S. K., Kim, Y. S., Lee, C. K., and Han, S. S. Possible mode of antiviral activity of acidic protein bound polysaccharide isolated from Ganoderma lucidum on herpes simplex viruses. J Ethnopharmacol. 2000;72(3):475-481. View abstract.
- Futrakul, N., Boongen, M., Tosukhowong, P., Patumraj, S., and Futrakul, P. Treatment with vasodilators and crude extract of Ganoderma lucidum suppresses proteinuria in nephrosis with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Nephron 2002;92(3):719-720. View abstract.
- Gao, J. J., Min, B. S., Ahn, E. M., Nakamura, N., Lee, H. K., and Hattori, M. New triterpene aldehydes, lucialdehydes A-C, from Ganoderma lucidum and their cytotoxicity against murine and human tumor cells. Chem.Pharm.Bull.(Tokyo) 2002;50(6):837-840. View abstract.
- Gao, Y., Chen, G., Dai, X., Ye, J., and Zhou, S. A Phase I/II Study of Ling Zhi Mushroom
- Gao, Y., Dai, X., Chen, G., Ye, J., and Zhou, S. A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study of
- Gao, Y., Lan, J., Dai, X., Ye, J., and Zhou, S. A Phase I/II Study of Ling Zhi Mushroom
- Gao, Y., Zhou, S., Chen, G., Dai, X., and Ye, J. A Phase I/II Study of a
- Gao, Y., Zhou, S., Chen, G., Dai, X., Ye, J., and Gao, H. A Phase I/II Study of a
- Haniadka, R., Popouri, S., Palatty, P. L., Arora, R., and Baliga, M. S. Medicinal plants as antiemetics in the treatment of cancer: a review. Integr.Cancer Ther. 2012;11(1):18-28. View abstract.
- He W, Yi J. Study of clinical efficacy of Lingzhi spore capsule on tumour patients with chemotherapy/radiotherapy. Clinical Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1997;9(6):292-293.
- Hikino, H. and Mizuno, T. Hypoglycemic actions of some heteroglycans of Ganoderma lucidum fruit bodies. Planta Med 1989;55(4):385. View abstract.
- Hong, K. J., Dunn, D. M., Shen, C. L., and Pence, B. C. Effects of Ganoderma lucidum on apoptotic and anti-inflammatory function in HT-29 human colonic carcinoma cells. Phytother.Res. 2004;18(9):768-770. View abstract.
- Hsu, H. Y., Hua, K. F., Lin, C. C., Lin, C. H., Hsu, J., and Wong, C. H. Extract of Reishi polysaccharides induces cytokine expression via TLR4-modulated protein kinase signaling pathways. J.Immunol. 11-15-2004;173(10):5989-5999. View abstract.
- Hsu, M. J., Lee, S. S., Lee, S. T., and Lin, W. W. Signaling mechanisms of enhanced neutrophil phagocytosis and chemotaxis by the polysaccharide purified from Ganoderma lucidum. Br.J.Pharmacol. 2003;139(2):289-298. View abstract.
- Hu, H., Ahn, N. S., Yang, X., Lee, Y. S., and Kang, K. S. Ganoderma lucidum extract induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cell. Int.J.Cancer 11-20-2002;102(3):250-253. View abstract.
- Iwatsuki, K., Akihisa, T., Tokuda, H., Ukiya, M., Oshikubo, M., Kimura, Y., Asano, T., Nomura, A., and Nishino, H. Lucidenic acids P and Q, methyl lucidenate P, and other triterpenoids from the fungus Ganoderma lucidum and their inhibitory effects on Epstein-Barr virus activation. J.Nat.Prod. 2003;66(12):1582-1585. View abstract.
- Jiang, J., Slivova, V., Valachovicova, T., Harvey, K., and Sliva, D. Ganoderma lucidum inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells PC-3. Int.J.Oncol. 2004;24(5):1093-1099. View abstract.
- Jin H, Zhang G, Cao X, and et al. Treatment of hypertension by linzhi combined with hypotensor and its effects on arterial, arteriolar and capillary pressure and microcirculation. In: Niimi H, Xiu RJ, Sawada T, and et al. Microcirculatory Approach to Asian Traditional Medicine. New York: Elsevier Science;1996.
- Jin, X., Ruiz, Beguerie J., Sze, D. M., and Chan, G. C. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment. Cochrane.Database.Syst.Rev. 2012;6:CD007731. View abstract.
- Kabir, Y., Kimura, S., and Tamura, T. Dietary effect of Ganoderma lucidum mushroom on blood pressure and lipid levels in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). J Nutr Sci Vitaminol.(Tokyo) 1988;34(4):433-438. View abstract.
- Kanmatsuse, K., Kajiwara, N., Hayashi, K., Shimogaichi, S., Fukinbara, I., Ishikawa, H., and Tamura, T. [Studies on Ganoderma lucidum. I. Efficacy against hypertension and side effects]. Yakugaku Zasshi 1985;105(10):942-947. View abstract.
- Kawagishi, H., Mitsunaga, S., Yamawaki, M., Ido, M., Shimada, A., Kinoshita, T., Murata, T., Usui, T., Kimura, A., and Chiba, S. A lectin from mycelia of the fungus Ganoderma lucidum. Phytochemistry 1997;44(1):7-10. View abstract.
- Kim, K. C. and Kim, I. G. Ganoderma lucidum extract protects DNA from strand breakage caused by hydroxyl radical and UV irradiation. Int J Mol.Med 1999;4(3):273-277. View abstract.
- Lee, J. M., Kwon, H., Jeong, H., Lee, J. W., Lee, S. Y., Baek, S. J., and Surh, Y. J. Inhibition of lipid peroxidation and oxidative DNA damage by Ganoderma lucidum. Phytother Res 2001;15(3):245-249. View abstract.
- Leng K, LuM. Investigation of ZhengQing Lingzhi liquid as adjuvant treatment on patients with colon cancer. Journal of Guiyang Medical College 2003;28(5):1.
- Li, E. K., Tam, L. S., Wong, C. K., Li, W. C., Lam, C. W., Wachtel-Galor, S., Benzie, I. F., Bao, Y. X., Leung, P. C., and Tomlinson, B. Safety and efficacy of Ganoderma lucidum (lingzhi) and San Miao San supplementation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled pilot trial. Arthritis Rheum 10-15-2007;57(7):1143-1150. View abstract.
- Lieu, C. W., Lee, S. S., and Wang, S. Y. The effect of Ganoderma lucidum on induction of differentiation in leukemic U937 cells. Anticancer Res. 1992;12(4):1211-1215. View abstract.
- Lin, C. N., Tome, W. P., and Won, S. J. Novel cytotoxic principles of Formosan Ganoderma lucidum. J Nat Prod 1991;54(4):998-1002. View abstract.
- Liu, J., Shiono, J., Shimizu, K., Kukita, A., Kukita, T., and Kondo, R. Ganoderic acid DM: anti-androgenic osteoclastogenesis inhibitor. Bioorg.Med.Chem.Lett. 4-15-2009;19(8):2154-2157. View abstract.
- Lu, Q. Y., Jin, Y. S., Zhang, Q., Zhang, Z., Heber, D., Go, V. L., Li, F. P., and Rao, J. Y. Ganoderma lucidum extracts inhibit growth and induce actin polymerization in bladder cancer cells in vitro. Cancer Lett. 12-8-2004;216(1):9-20. View abstract.
- Lu, Q. Y., Sartippour, M. R., Brooks, M. N., Zhang, Q., Hardy, M., Go, V. L., Li, F. P., and Heber, D. Ganoderma lucidum spore extract inhibits endothelial and breast cancer cells in vitro. Oncol.Rep. 2004;12(3):659-662. View abstract.
- Ma, J., Ye, Q., Hua, Y., Zhang, D., Cooper, R., Chang, M. N., Chang, J. Y., and Sun, H. H. New lanostanoids from the mushroom Ganoderma lucidum. J.Nat.Prod. 2002;65(1):72-75. View abstract.
- Min, B. S., Gao, J. J., Hattori, M., Lee, H. K., and Kim, Y. H. Anticomplement activity of terpenoids from the spores of Ganoderma lucidum. Planta Med. 2001;67(9):811-814. View abstract.
- Mizuno, T. Bioactive biomolecules of mushrooms: food function and medicinal effect of mushroom fungi. Fd Rev Internat 1995;11(1):7-21.
- Mizushina, Y., Takahashi, N., Hanashima, L., Koshino, H., Esumi, Y., Uzawa, J., Sugawara, F., and Sakaguchi, K. Lucidenic acid O and lactone, new terpene inhibitors of eukaryotic DNA polymerases from a basidiomycete, Ganoderma lucidum. Bioorg.Med.Chem. 1999;7(9):2047-2052. View abstract.
- Morigiwa, A., Kitabatake, K., Fujimoto, Y., and Ikekawa, N. Angiotensin converting enzyme-inhibitory triterpenes from Ganoderma lucidum. Chem Pharm Bull.(Tokyo) 1986;34(7):3025-3028. View abstract.
- Ni, T., Hu, Y., Sun, L., Chen, X., Zhong, J., Ma, H., and Lin, Z. Oral route of mini-proinsulin-expressing Ganoderma lucidum decreases blood glucose level in streptozocin-induced diabetic rats. Int.J.Mol.Med. 2007;20(1):45-51. View abstract.
- Oka, S., Tanaka, S., Yoshida, S., Hiyama, T., Ueno, Y., Ito, M., Kitadai, Y., Yoshihara, M., and Chayama, K. A water-soluble extract from culture medium of Ganoderma lucidum mycelia suppresses the development of colorectal adenomas. Hiroshima J.Med.Sci. 2010;59(1):1-6. View abstract.
- Olaku, O. and White, J. D. Herbal therapy use by cancer patients: a literature review on case reports. Eur.J.Cancer 2011;47(4):508-514. View abstract.
- Park, E. J., Ko, G., Kim, J., and Sohn, D. H. Antifibrotic effects of a polysaccharide extracted from Ganoderma lucidum, glycyrrhizin, and pentoxifylline in rats with cirrhosis induced by biliary obstruction. Biol Pharm Bull. 1997;20(4):417-420. View abstract.
Have you ever purchased REISHI MUSHROOM?
Did you or will you purchase this product in-store or online?
Where did you or where do you plan to purchase this product?
Where did you or where do you plan to purchase this product?
What factors influenced or will influence your purchase? (check all that apply)
Where did you or where do you plan to purchase this product?
Do you buy vitamins online or instore?
What factors are most important to you? (check all that apply)