having too much fear and worry. Some people have what's called generalized
anxiety disorder. They feel worried and stressed about many things. Often they
worry about even small things. Some people also may have
panic attacks. A panic attack is a sudden feeling of
People who have
social anxiety disorder worry that they will do or say
the wrong thing and embarrass themselves around others.
can cause physical symptoms like a fast heartbeat and sweaty hands. It can make
you limit your activities and can make it hard to enjoy your life.
Healthy thinking can help you prevent or control anxiety.
- Negative thoughts can increase your worry or
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a type of therapy
that can help you replace negative thoughts with accurate, encouraging
- Changing your thinking will take some time. You need to
practice healthy thinking every day. After a while, healthy thinking will come
naturally to you.
- Healthy thinking may not be enough to help some
people who have worry and anxiety. Call your doctor or therapist if you think
you need more help.
- Stop Negative Thoughts: Getting Started.