10 Questions for Doctor About Anxiety
If you were recently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, consider asking your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- What are my treatment options for anxiety?
- Are there any underlying medical problems that could be causing my anxiety symptoms?
- Will I need to take an anxiety drug? Will I take it every day or as needed? How long will I need to take it?
- What side effects can I expect from medications? Is there a way to minimize or prevent side effects?
- What should I do if I miss a dose of medication?
- Should I begin therapy sessions? Which type and for how long?
- How long before I can expect to feel better?
- Once treated, how likely is it that my anxiety symptoms will return?
- What lifestyle changes can I make to help me feel better?
- How will alcohol or other drugs interact with my medication or affect my anxiety?