Depression - Living With Depression
Remember the basics
- Get regular exercise. People who are fit usually have
depression, and stress than people who aren't
fit.6 Even something as easy as walking can help you
- Eat a balanced diet. This helps your body deal with
tension and stress.
- Get enough sleep. A good night's sleep can help mood
and stress levels. Avoid sleeping pills unless your doctor prescribes them.
- Deal with stress. Too much stress can help trigger
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs or medicines that
have not been prescribed to you. Having a
substance abuse problem makes treating depression
Both problems need to be treated.
- Prevent depression from coming back. Take your medicine as your
doctor advises. Depression often returns if you stop taking your medicine or
don't take it as your doctor advises.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
January 11, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.