Type 1 Diabetes: Living With Complications - Home Treatment
If it affects your body's internal functioning (autonomic neuropathy):
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals that contain less fat and
fiber, if you have
gastroparesis or other digestive problems.
- Drink more fluids each day, if you have urinary problems or
profuse sweating. This will prevent urinary tract infections and
- Try a device for erection problems or a lubricating cream for
vaginal dryness, if you have sexual problems. Talk to your doctor about
medicine for erection problems (Cialis, Levitra, Viagra). For more information,
see the topic
- Check your blood sugar level frequently during the day and
during the night sometimes, if you have
For more information, see the topic
Daily care of your feet is very
diabetic neuropathy and diabetic damage to the blood
vessels in your legs can lead to severe infections and deformities of your
feet, seek treatment for any foot problem, no matter how minor it seems. Even a
small foot injury can lead to serious complications.
- Diabetes: Taking Care of Your Feet.