How a Prayer Helped Me Overcome Depression
- Spotlight On: Major Depressive Disorder
The most important news, trends, and treatments that affect people with major depression.
- Ketamine Is Transforming Depression Treatment
Hallucinogens for depression include ketamine, a dissociative agent shown in research to improve MDD symptom treatment.
- Having Depression and ADHD Makes Each Condition More Severe
Depression comorbidities like ADHD may impact symptoms and outcomes for patients with MDD.
- Managing Your Major Depressive Disorder and Your Job
Major depressive disorder (MDD) at work: tips, strategies, who to tell, what to do, and asking for accommodations.
- A Therapist’s Perspective: Major Depressive Disorder
Managing major depressive disorder (MDD) can be “one step forward, two steps back.” A therapist offers long-term strategies for handling setbacks.
- Advances in Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression
An expert in treatment-resistant depression shares successful treatment strategies doctors can try to help with TRD.
- Explaining Parental Depression to Kids
Find out how to start the conversation about depression with kids.
- How I Plan for Major Depressive Disorder Episodes
Major depressive disorder can ebb and flow. Here’s how someone with the condition manages the down times.
- How I Talk About Major Depressive Disorder
It can be hard to be open with others about major depressive disorder. Here’s how one person with the condition talks about it.
- Major Depressive Disorder and Relationships
Depression affects both you and those around you. An expert who lives with the condition shares ways you can help others to help you.
- Dealing With the Stigma of Major Depressive Disorder
Learn from a mental health advocate how the stigma of depression is changing and how acceptance is the first step to managing major depressive disorder.
- The Future of Major Depressive Disorder Treatment
Treatment for major depressive disorder has made rapid advances, with new therapies that fit each person. An expert talks about the latest research.
- Living With Major Depressive Disorder
See how one person manages the ups and downs of major depressive disorder -- and how her depression inspired her career as a therapist.
- What to Expect When You Have Major Depression
Learn about ways that major depressive disorder may affect you, including changes in energy level and appetite.
- Advances in Treatment for Major Depressive Disorder
Treatment for depression isn't just about all the old antidepressants you've already heard of. The new generation of drugs may work faster, and nondrug treatments also are effective.
- Apps and Online Therapy for Depression
Learn about the pros and cons of using apps and online therapy to manage depression.
- What to Say to Someone Who’s Depressed
Depression is a chronic health condition. Learn how you can help someone in your life that is battling depression.
- What to Know When You're Newly Diagnosed With Depression
Getting diagnosed with depression brings up different emotions for different people. After your doctor or mental health provider gives you the news, it’s a good idea to reach out for support from family, friends, or others in your community.
- Depression: Finding What Works for You
Figuring out the right treatment for your depression can take time and patience. Learn more about how to find an antidepressant or other treatment that works for you.
- Ketamine for Depression: What to Know
Is ketamine a treatment for depression? What are the risks? Learn about the uses, benefits, and side effects of ketamine.
- Stress and Depression
Learn more about how stress and depression are connected and what you can do to develop an active coping strategy.
- How to Manage Depression Triggers
Some life events can trigger depression, but you can take action to soften the blow.
- Medication Strategies for Treatment-Resistant Depression
Managing treatment-resistant depression requires the right medicine in the right dosage and taking it the right way. Learn about medication strategies.
- What to Know About Treatment-Resistant Depression
Patience and persistence are key with treatment-resistant depression. Learn how long to stick with a medication, and options for managing this condition.
- Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression: One Person's Story
Striking a balance to manage treatment-resistant depression can take a toll. Learn from one patient's journey and see how research and community can help.
- Managing the Side Effects of Depression Treatment
Depression treatment isn’t always easy. Find out about the side effects of antidepressants and depression treatment. Learn what you can do about them.
- Can Antidepressants Work for Me?
Antidepressants are a common way to treat depression. But they work a little differently for everyone.
- Coming to Terms With Depression
You’ve been diagnosed with depression -- now what? Find out more about treatment, support, and life with this common mental disorder.
- Follow-Up Treatment for Depression
You probably got your antidepressants from your primary care doctor. But how should follow-up care work?
- Post-College Depression: Why You Feel Lonely
Is it normal to feel lonely after college? Find out why post-college depression happens to many graduates and what you can do about it.
- Therapeutic Ways to Change Negative Thoughts
Being aware of your negative thoughts can help you build the skills to overcome them.
- Staying With Your Depression Treatment Plan
It's tempting to stop taking antidepressants when you feel better, but doing so could make your condition more difficult to manage.
- How to Help a Depressed Spouse
Is your spouse depressed? If your loved one withdraws from activities or sex, spends more time alone, or drinks more alcohol than they once did, they may have depression. Find out what to do if your partner refuses to get therapy and get tips to protect your own mental health.
- Treating Depression Before, During, and After Pregnancy
If you have major depressive disorder (MDD), you may wonder if it’ll affect your plans for a family. Will you have to stop taking your antidepressant? What are the risks to your baby if you don’t? Can you take antidepressants while breastfeeding?
- How Journaling Helps Manage Depression
Find out how writing your thoughts in a journal can let you shift your perspective and help you manage the symptoms of depression.
- What People With Depression Wish You Knew
WebMD shares what you should know about depression.
- How Pets Help Manage Depression
Find out how pets can help ease your depression by offering love, companionship, a sense of purpose, and more.
- 11 Natural Depression Treatments
Being depressed can make you feel helpless. You're not. Along with therapy and sometimes medication, there's a lot you can do on your own to fight back. Changing your behavior -- your physical activity, lifestyle, and even your way of thinking -- are all natural depression treatments.
- How Well Do You Function When Depressed?
Do you juggle a busy lifestyle even when you’re depressed? Tips on coping when you’re depressed.
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle of Depression
Tips on breaking the vicious cycle of depression to help you live your best life.
- Depression: Are You Honest With Your Doctor?
Your doctor is your depression ally. Learn how your doctor can help you get the most from your treatment.
- 3 Food Traps to Avoid When You're Depressed
WebMD discusses common food traps that accompany depression including eating too much, eating too little, and making unhealthy food choices.
- Depression and Risky Behavior
WebMD talks to experts about the links between depression and risky behavior.
- Top 7 Therapy Myths Debunked
WebMD discusses the truths behind seven common therapy myths.
- 6 Common Depression Traps to Avoid
WebMD identifies 6 behaviors that can worsen depression. Get tips for avoiding these traps.
- The Complex Link Between Depression and Weight
Does depression cause weight gain or weight loss? Does weight gain or weight loss cause depression? WebMD helps to unravel the mystery surrounding the link between depression and weight.
- Getting Started: Talk Therapy for Depression
Talk therapy can be a powerful tool in fighting depression. Here’s how to get started with the types of therapy most commonly used for depression – cognitive behavioral therapy and interpersonal therapy.
- A Holistic Approach to Treating Depression
A holistic approach to treating depression focuses on treating your whole being -- body and mind -- to help you feel better and stay healthy. A healthy diet, exercise, and talk therapy are just a few of the holistic approaches you can use to treat depression.
- Getting Started: Eating Right for Depression
If you’re feeling depressed, what you eat can affect your mood and your health. Here are 8 steps you can take to get the right nutrition to help you through depression.