Are you wondering if you have clinical depression? This quiz may help you tell if you're at risk. Don't hesitate to ask for help; depression can be treated.
- Have you been in a depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day for at least two weeks?Yes No
- Have you lost interest or pleasure in most daily activities, nearly every day for at least two weeks?Yes No
- Have you experienced a significant weight change (at least five pounds) either loss or gain recently?Yes No
- Has your appetite changed (increased or decreased) for an extended period?Yes No
- Have you suffered from insomnia or hypersomnia (oversleeping), nearly every day for at least two weeks?Yes No
- Have you felt tired or experienced a loss of energy during the day, nearly every day for at least two weeks?Yes No
- Have you had guilty feelings or feelings of worthlessness nearly every day for at least two weeks?Yes No
- Have you had difficulty thinking, concentrating, or making decisions nearly every day?Yes No
- Have you had any thoughts of death or any thoughts of suicide without any specific plan?Yes No
a) Did you circle yes for either question 1 or 2? _____
b) Did you circle yes four or more times in questions 3-9? _____
If you responded yes to both (a) and (b), you may be suffering from an episode of major depression.
If your symptoms are disabling and severe over a few weeks -- and especially if you are having suicidal thoughts -- you should seek professional treatment.