Crohns Disease News & Features
Crohn’s Disease Does Not Define Me
- A Cure for Crohn’s: How Close Is It?
Is there hope for a cure to Crohn's disease? A researcher who specializes in the conditions talks about the possibility for a cure and better treatments.
- Lessons Learned from Patients About the Challenges of Crohn’s
Doctors tell us what they’ve learned about the frustrations and issues Crohn’s disease patients face.
- How Science and Doctors Have Transformed Crohn’s Disease
Research and multidisciplinary teams have improved Crohn’s disease management and long-term outcomes. Learn how.
- Most Crohn’s and Liver Disease Info on TikTok Is Accurate: Studies
May 16, 2023 — In a new study, three medical residents reviewed 81 TikTok videos identified by a search for #crohnsdisease. All were posted since January 2021. They found of the 25% that were educational, 80% were accurate.
- IBD and Eating: New Website Offers 'Gut Friendly' Recipes
February 9, 2023 — People can search for specific recipes based on their needs, filter meals by dietary exclusions, ingredients, and allergens, or create a 7-day meal plan. The site also features meals according to multiple diets.
- On Being a Person of Color With Crohn’s Disease
She had good insurance and sound eating habits, but her symptoms kept getting worse. See how a woman got a Crohn's diagnosis, and how it changed her life.
- Why I'm Hopeful About Treating Crohn's
There are treatments on the horizon that offer hope for people with the condition.
- Intimacy and Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease can cause a variety of digestive tract issues. It can also affect your sex life. A gastroenterologist has advice on dealing with that.
- The Influencer: How Finding Her Voice Inspired a Community of Self-Healers
An Instagram influencer helps other people with Crohn’s and IBD heal themselves
- The Chef: How the Kitchen Can Heal and Help You Love Food Again
A chef with Crohn’s disease found the kitchen was the best place to heal and to rediscover his love of food.
- The Seeker: How Searching for ‘Weird’ Holistic Remedies Can Make You Stronger
Seeking out alternative remedies such as acupuncture, Chinese herbs, prenatal yoga, and baby food helped manage my Crohn’s.
- The Romantic: A Bowel Resection Is Not an Obstacle to Love
A commitment to honesty is the foundation of the right approach to relationships with a person who has Crohn’s
- The Scientist: A Physician Who Heals Himself and Others
The breakthrough studies of a world-renowned Crohn’s researcher have helped millions – including himself
- The Runner: I Will Always Be a Runner Even on Days When I Can’t Run
A marathon runner explains how Crohn’s disease has made her stronger.
- Coming to Terms With My Crohn's
Crohn’s disease can cause physical symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, and belly pain. Biologics and surgery can help, but don’t overlook your mental health.
- What Having Crohn’s Has Taught Me
Four life lessons I wish I'd known from the get-go.
- Crohn's Disease and Your Mental Health
Stress doesn't cause Crohn's. But the condition can affect you mentally.
- How Crohn’s Disease Changed My Routines
Flexibility is the key to managing your schedules and social life. Here’s how one woman makes it work.
- How Crohn’s Affects My Relationships
Living with Crohn’s disease affects all aspects of your life. One woman describes how it’s changed her interactions with others.
- Crohn's Disease: What Is Remission?
If you don't have any symptoms, does that mean you’re in remission? The answer is more complicated than you might think.
- What People Don’t Understand About Crohn’s
Here are the major points one advocate thinks you should know about what it's like to live with Crohn's disease.
- How I Plan for Flare-Ups
One person's personal experience with the best way to manage their Crohn's flare-ups.
- Tips to Make Travel Easier With Crohn’s Disease
Think you can’t travel because you have Crohn’s disease? Think again. Follow these tips to help make traveling with Crohn’s disease easier.
- Can an App Help Your Manage Crohn’s Disease?
An app may help you manage your Crohn’s disease, but there are things to keep in mind. Learn about the pros and cons of Crohn’s apps and how to choose one that’s right for you.
- Can Marijuana or CBD Help With My Crohn's Disease?
There’s a little evidence that cannabis may help with some symptoms of Crohn’s, including improving appetite and sleep, but there's a lot to consider first before you try it. Learn more.
- How Alcohol Affects Crohn's and Meds That Treat It
Is it safe to have a drink if you have Crohn's disease? Learn how alcohol affects Crohn's disease and the medicines you take to treat it.
- What Supplements/Minerals Help With Crohn’s?
Which supplements help with Crohn’s disease? Do I need to take supplements? Which vitamins and minerals should I take? Learn which supplements your doctor may recommend for Crohn’s disease.
- Voices of Crohn’s Disease
Four people living with Crohn's disease share their stories.
- Crohn's: A Day in the Life
Kristen Weiss Sanders provides insight into what a typical 24 hours looks like for her while living with Crohn's.
- Meal Planning for Crohn’s Disease
Kalee Eichelberger was inspired to become a dietitian based on the challenges she faced in eating healthy while living with Crohn's disease.
- Crohn's: A Full-Body Disease
A doctor explains what to expect from a disease that can impact your entire body.
- Managing Crohn’s Challenges
One woman explains how she took life into her own hands while managing her Crohn's disease.
- Expert Answers to Questions About Crohn’s Disease
So you've been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. You have some questions. We have some experts with some answers.
- Tips for Everyday Challenges of Crohn's
Dealing with Crohn’s symptoms? Learn the tools that can help you live well while coping with your condition.
- Staying Connected When You Have Crohn’s
Whether you're going to a party, attending a work event, or trying to make a new connection, here are some tips to help you feel comfortable in social settings when managing Crohn's symptoms.
- Why Is It So Hard to Diagnose Crohn’s Disease?
Crohn’s disease is a tough condition to pin down. You may get a wrong diagnosis first, and it can take a long time.
- Feeling Good About Your Body When You Have Crohn's
Crohn's disease can take a toll on your body image, confidence, and comfort. Learn how to feel better about yourself and your body.
- Crohn's Disease: Diet and Nutrition
What foods might make your Crohn’s symptoms worse – or better? Find out more about Crohn’s disease and diet.
- Avoid Common Mistakes When You Have Crohn's
Don't make these 6 common mistakes when you have Crohn's disease.
- Treatment Options for Crohn's Disease
Medications to help slow the progression and reduce pain and diarrhea of Crohn's disease.
- My WebMD: A College Student Controls Her Crohn's
There's no cure for Crohn's disease, but that hasn't stopped this young woman from living a full life.
- Crohn's Disease: 54 Tips to Help You Manage
With the right treatment, you can manage your Crohn's disease symptoms. These simple tips can help.