What Are the Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Symptoms of pleurisy may include the following:
- Severe, fleeting, sharp pain in your chest, often on one side only, when breathing deeply, coughing, moving, sneezing, or even talking.
- Severe chest pain that goes away when you hold your breath.
- When pleurisy occurs in certain locations of the lungs, the pain can be felt in other parts of the body such as the neck, shoulder, or abdomen.
- Rapid, shallow breathing in response to the pain.
What Are the Symptoms of Pleural Effusion?
The symptoms of pleural effusion can include:
- Shortness of breath
Call Your Doctor About Pleurisy If:
- Get emergency medical help for any chest pain or difficulty breathing.
- Even if you have already been diagnosed with pleurisy, call your doctor right away for even a low grade fever. A fever may be present if there is any infection or inflammation.