Weight Loss & Obesity Features
Weight Loss Health Benefits Start Sooner Than You May Think
- What Is Food Noise and How Can You Quiet It?
Food “noise” is what some people call their internal chatter about food. For some people, it gets out of hand.
- Is Obesity Different in Asian Americans? Expert Q&A
Asian Americans have a lower obesity rate than other ethnic groups, but there are key differences to be aware of. Here’s what you need to know.
- Obesity: A Holistic Approach
In this webinar, Octavia Pickett-Blakely, MD, MHS, explained what a holistic approach to weight management is.
- Who Gets Wegovy? (Hint: Not Always Those Who Need it Most)
Wegovy and other semaglutide-containing drugs can help people with obesity lose weight. But not everyone who needs these effective weight loss drugs can get them.
- Why Is It So Hard to Lose Weight and Keep It Off? Q&A With Amanda Velazquez, MD
In this WebMD webinar, viewers asked Amanda Velazquez, MD, about what things affect your weight and why weight loss can be challenging.
- Why Is It So Hard to Lose Weight and Keep It Off?
In this webinar, Amanda Velazquez, MD, explained why obesity is a chronic disease and what goes into losing weight without gaining it back.
- Eating for a Healthy Weight: Q&A With Carolyn Newberry, MD
In this WebMD webinar, viewers asked Carolyn Newberry, MD, about how to create a healthy diet for weight management.
- Eating for a Healthy Weight
In this webinar, Carolyn Newberry, MD, explained the basics of a healthy diet and how to create one that works for you and your weight goals.
- Diabesity: Q&A with Robert F. Kushner, MD
In this WebMD webinar, viewers asked Robert F. Kushner, MD, of Northwestern Medicine in Chicago, about living with diabesity.
- Diabesity: When You Have Diabetes and Obesity
In this webinar, Robert F. Kushner, MD, explained what diabesity is, what heightens your risk for it, and how weight loss and medication can help.
- The Impact of Weight Bias: Q&A With Joe Nadglowski
In the WebMD webinar, attendees asked Joe Nadglowski, President and CEO of the OAC, questions about how weight bias can affect a person’s life.
- The Impact of Weight Bias
In this webinar, Joseph Nadglowski, CEO of the Obesity Action Coalition, spoke about weight bias and the effects it has on our mental and physical health.
- How Can Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Help With Weight Management?
In the webinar “How Can CBT Help With Weight Management,” Rachel Goldman, PhD, shared some tools that can help you work toward a healthier weight.
- The Facts on Leptin: FAQ
WebMD explains what the leptin hormone is, how it affects weight, and whether leptin supplements are safe or effective.
- Can You Lose Fat in Your Face?
Learn how you can lose fat in your face through diet, exercise, and other healthy lifestyle habits.
- Healthier 2021: Mark's Accomplishing More Than He Thought He Could
I was able to make lasting changes in my fitness journey by finding the right motivation and focusing on the long game.
- Healthier 2021: Bill Found New Motivation
I can’t allow the measurable goals to consume me anymore when the bigger picture is what this is all about. My motivation is my future.
- Healthier 2021: Mark Has Some Challenges Ahead
After nearly 2 months on this fitness journey, I can't say that I don't have very many complaints. But, things are going to be changing.
- Healthier 2021: Sometimes It's Okay to Splurge
Life is too short to not indulge once in a while, especially when celebrating! But, I still made healthy decisions and my weight loss is still on track.
- Healthier 2021: Mark Celebrates Small Victories
Life's hard. So anything I can do to keep my mind and space positive makes not only my life better, but the lives of those close to me, too.
- Healthier 2021: Bill Reflects on His Progress So Far
The information I get from my biometric scale and food logs has been opening my eyes to what’s working and where I need to work harder.
- Healthier 2021: Mark Is Facing His Feelings
I've been a bit more emotional than normal. It's disheartening to do all the work and not see it reflected on the scale.
- Healthier 2021: These Hacks Are Helping Bill Control His Eating
I love the taste of food, and that’s not going to miraculously change. So, I found a couple of tricks to help me resist the temptation to overeat.
- Healthier 2021: Mark Gives Yoga Another Try
If you've been following my fitness journey, you know about my struggles with flexibility and my desire to overcome them. So, I’m giving yoga another shot.
- Healthier 2021: Bill Is Accepting That His Fitness Is No Longer What It Was
Now that I am recovering from COVID, I really need to base my workouts on where I am TODAY-- not on the workouts I used to be able to do.
- Healthier 2021: Mark's Using His Scale for Motivation
In the past I wasn’t weighing myself, so my only goals were to generally look and feel better. But now, I’m setting specific weight goals.
- Healthier 2021: Bill's Journey Takes an Unexpected Turn
COVID shifted my focus, but I’m determined to keep up with my healthy eating habits while I recover.
- Healthier 2021: Mark Found Inspiration Close to Home
After watching my 14-year-old daughter's team workout, I realized I could do more to push myself in my healthier 2021 journey.
- Healthier 2021: Bill Is Staying on Track, Even While Traveling
This weekend was a big boost for my confidence. I not only ate healthy and stayed under my calorie goal, but I exercised both days!
- Healthier 2021: Mark Is Becoming More Flexible
It was hard to stick with my exercise goals now that I’m back to the daily grind. But I learned something important about myself: I can do it.
- Healthier 2021: Bill Is Tracking His Food and Seeing Results
If there was ever a time to stress eat and maybe enjoy a few drinks, the first week of 2021 may have been it. But, I didn’t succumb to the temptation.
- Healthier 2021: Mark's Fitness Fell Flat During Quarantine -- Now He's Making a Comeback
Five years ago, I started a diet and fitness routine that helped get me back into shape and off the fast track to diabetes. And then came COVID-19.
- Healthier 2021: Three People Share Their Journeys
Follow Laura, Bill, and Mark as they make a commitment to a healthier year in 2021.
- Healthier 2021: Bill Lost Weight Before -- Now He's Starting Over
In 2016, I lost 100 pounds. Then I got lazy. Once the pandemic hit, any good habits I had left were thrown out the window.
- How This Man Lost Almost 400 Pounds in 3 Years
When Sal Paradiso realized he may not make it to age 40, he decided to take control of his weight -- and change his life.
- How This Couple Lost 300 Pounds Together in a Year
See this duo’s amazing transformation after supporting each other in their journey to better health.
- 11 Science-Backed Ways to Lose Weight
Follow these 11 doable strategies, all backed by research, to reach your goals.
- The Risks of Belly Fat -- and How to Beat Them
Got a big belly? You may be at risk for heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, stroke, and cancer.
- Slim Down Cause a Split-Up? Sex and Weight Loss
Does sex change after drastic weight loss? Are couples happier after one partner loses weight?
- Are You Fated to Be Fat?
Are you destined to be obese just because it runs in your family?
- You Lost the Weight. What About That Extra Skin?
A large weight loss can lead to loose, extra skin. Find out what you can do about it.
- Are Your Meds Making You Gain Weight?
Some medicines make you more likely to gain weight. Find out which ones they are and what you can do to avoid those extra pounds.
- How I Lost Half My Body Weight
Weight loss surgery, exercise, and determination helped a WebMD user shape up.
- 5 Tricky Diet Situations, Solved
These five situations can make it really tough to stick to your diet. Find out what do to at happy hour, business lunches, family dinners, and more.
- How They Lost 478 Pounds
When you're working on weight loss, it can help to have a little inspiration. Here, six people share their secrets on how they lost the pounds.
- Trying to Lose Weight? 8 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
When you're setting out to lose weight, your doctors can help. But they may not talk about it much until you bring it up. Use these questions to start the conversation.
- Set the Stage for Weight Loss Success
To lose weight, you need your environment (like your home and job) to support that goal. Get 8 tips you can use right now to set yourself up for weight loss success.
- 9 Secrets of Successful Weight Maintenance
Once you've lost the weight, it's time to start working on keeping those pounds off for good. Find out how other people have succeeded at maintaining their weight loss.
- 12 Tips to Lose the Weight for Good
Feel like you’ve tried every diet trick in the book? Here are 12 new weight-loss strategies to try.