Pain Management Medical Reference
How to Crack Your Back
- What Are Hip Abduction Pillows?
Hip abduction pillows may be used by patients following surgery. Find out more about the associated benefits, risks, and how to use one.
- What Is Scapholunate Dissociation?
Scapholunate dissociation is a disruption of the joint between two bones in your wrist. Learn about its causes, symptoms, treatment and long-term dangers.
- What to Know About Sternoclavicular Joint Injuries
Sternoclavicular joint injuries can affect the way your shoulder moves and works. Learn the common types of injuries and what causes them.
- What to Know About Shoulder Instability
What causes shoulder instability, and how is it treated? Find out more in our shoulder instability guide.
- What Is Shockwave Therapy?
Find out more about how non-invasive extracorporeal shockwave therapy boosts the healing of tendons and various soft tissue injuries.
- Gabapentin and Lyrica for Pain Control
Find out how gabapentin and Lyrica are used for pain control and when they can be used together.
- What to Know About a Quadriceps Tendon Tear
Find out what you need to know about a quadriceps tendon tear, and discover how it can affect health.
- What to Know About a Radial Head Fracture
Find out what you need to know about radial head fractures and their causes, symptoms, treatment, and more.
- What to Know About “Text Neck”
What is “text neck,” and how does it affect your health?
- What Is Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy?
Has your doctor recommended extracorporeal shockwave therapy, and you're not sure what it is? Read our guide to find out the facts.
- What Is Anterior Ankle Impingement?
Learn about anterior ankle impingement, as well as its causes, symptoms, and treatment options.
- What to Know About Hand Extensor Tendon Injuries
Find out what you need to know about hand extensor tendon injuries, including the different types, what causes them, and how they're treated.
- What to Know About Hydrotherapy
Find out what you need to know about hydrotherapy. Discover the pros, cons, and how it may affect health.
- What Are Burners and Stingers?
Burners and stingers are common injuries among athletes who play contact sports. Here’s what you should know about diagnosis, treatment, and recovery time.
- What to Know About Speed's Test and Yergason's Test
Learn about Yergason’s and Speed’s Tests. Discover how these physical examinations can help your doctor diagnose your shoulder injury.
- What to Know About Peroneal Tendonitis
Find out what causes the peroneal tendons to become inflamed and how this peroneal tendonitis is treated.
- What Is the Gate Control Theory of Pain?
Learn about the gate control theory of pain and understand how the spinal nerves might affect which sensations we perceive as pain.
- What to Know About Your Funny Bone
Find out what you need to know about your funny bone including what it is, why it feels weird, and what it does.
- What Is Brachial Plexus Palsy?
Brachial plexus palsy is weakness or paralysis in parts of the arm due to injury. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What to Know About a Hip Pointer
Find out what you need to know about hip pointers and discover their causes, symptoms, and effect on health.
- What Is a Stellate Ganglion Block?
A stellate ganglion block (sympathetic nerve block) is a localized anesthetic injection used to treat pain, circulation problems, or nerve injuries. Learn more.
- What to Know About Heel Bursitis
Find out what you need to know about heel bursitis, and discover the causes and treatments, and how it may affect health.
- What Is a Hypogastric Plexus Block?
What is a hypogastric plexus block procedure? Learn about how it works and what to expect.
- What to Know About an Axillary Nerve Injury
Find out what you need to know about an axillary nerve injury, including the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- What to Know About Retrocalcaneal Bursitis
Find out what retrocalcaneal bursitis is, how long it takes for you to recover from it, and if you can run with it.
- What Is Nociceptive Pain?
Nociceptive pain is discomfort caused by damage or injury to your body. Learn about the types, symptoms, and treatment options.
- What to Know About Biceps Tenodesis
Learn about biceps tenodesis and what type of injury may require this procedure.
- What to Know About Trendelenburg Gait
Learn about the Trendelenburg gait, what causes it, and how it can be treated.
- What Is an Antalgic Gait?
An antalgic gait occurs when you walk with a limp because of pain. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What's the Difference Between Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen?
Find out the differences between Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen and discover risks and benefits and how they may affect health.
- What Is the Tenex Procedure?
Learn more about the Tenex procedure, including how it helps improve the quality of life of people with chronic tendon pain.
- What to Know About a Shoulder MRI
A shoulder MRI is a test that uses a magnetic field to take pictures of your shoulder. Learn more about what it’s for, what to expect, and more.
- CBD vs CBN: What’s the Difference?
Cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) are two of the more than 100 types of natural chemical components called cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Here’s a quick look at their similarities and differences.
- What to Know About Electrical Myostimulation
What is electrical myostimulation? Learn about the effects of electrical myostimulation on muscle mass and function.
- What to Know About Ultrasound Physical Therapy
Find out what you need to know about ultrasound physical therapy, and discover its benefits, risks, and how it may affect your health.
- What Is Diathermy?
Diathermy is a deep heating treatment for achy joints and muscles. Learn about how it works, the benefits, the risks, and more.
- What Is Electroacupuncture?
Electroacupuncture is a modern variation of traditional acupuncture. Learn about how it works, what to expect, and more.
- What Is a Contrast Bath?
Learn what a contrast bath is, including how you can do it, its health benefits, and more.
- What to Know About Myofascial Release Therapy
Myofascial release therapy can help relieve tightness and stiffness in your body. Learn about what myofascial tissue is and how this massage technique works.
- What You Need to Know About Clenbuterol for Bodybuilding
Clenbuterol is a powerful drug that many bodybuilders use to cut weight and increase muscle mass. Here’s what you need to know about how clenbuterol affects your health.
- What Is Hyperalgesia?
Hyperalgesia is when you have an increased sensitivity to pain. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What Is Visceral Pain?
Visceral pain is a dull ache that stems from the internal organs. Learn more about what causes it, what to expect, and more.
- What to Know About a Tight Diaphragm
Find out what you need to know about a tight diaphragm, the symptoms, and when to see a doctor.
- What to Know About Intercostal Neuralgia
Find out what you need to know about intercostal neuralgia, and discover what causes it, how it's treated, and how it may affect health.
- What Is Sacral Massage?
Sacral massage is an alternative treatment for the head and spine. Learn about how it’s done, the benefits, and more.
- What Is Whole-Body Cryotherapy?
Learn all about whole-body cryotherapy. Supporters of the treatment say exposing your whole body to extreme cold can treat pain.
- What to Know About Bone Pain
What is bone pain, and how does it differ from joint or muscle pain? Find out how to identify it and what could be causing it.
- What Is Tenosynovial Giant Cell Tumor?
Tenosynovial giant cell tumor is a group of rare benign tumors. Learn more about what causes it, what to expect, and more.
- Do Metallic Bracelets Have Health Benefits?
Learn more about whether metallic bracelets have any health benefits and the science behind the claims.