10 Osteoporosis Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- Are there ways to keep osteoporosis from worsening?
- Can medications taken for other illnesses cause bone loss?
- How can I prevent fractures?
- How frequently should I have a bone density test?
- How much calcium and vitamin D do I need every day, and how can I get enough of these nutrients?
- How much exercise do I need to boost bone strength, and which exercises do you recommend?
- Is hormone replacement therapy safe for preventing osteoporosis?
- What osteoporosis medications are available that prevent bone loss?
- What are some other lifestyle changes I should make now to keep my bones strong?
- What does my T-score mean? (A T-score is the result of a bone density test.)
© 2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.