Who should not take CHLORPROMAZINE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- breast cancer
- a high prolactin level
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- extrapyramidal disease, a type of movement disorder
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- glaucoma, an increased pressure in the eye
- a heart attack
- angina, a type of chest pain
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- chronic lung or breathing passage problem
- liver problems
- enlarged prostate with urination problem
- weight gain
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- high blood sugar
- susceptible to breathing fluid into lungs
- tobacco smoking
- metabolic syndrome x
- dementia in an elderly person
- insecticide poisoning due to organophosphate ingredient
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Thorazine oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.