Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Image Source / Getty Images
(2) Rich Legg / iStockphoto
(3) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(4) Thomas Tolstrup / Iconica / Getty Images
(5) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(6) Image Source / Getty Images
(7) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(8) Brian Pamphilon / iStockphoto
(9) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(10) Rolf Bodmer / iStockphoto
(11) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(12) George Doyle / Stockbyte / Getty Images
(13) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(14) Stockbyte / Getty Images
(15) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(16) Peter Muller / Photonica / Getty Images
(17) Michele Constantini / PhotoAlto / Getty Images
(18) George Doyle / Stockbyte / Getty Images
American College of Sports Medicine
Jodai Saremi, DPM, personal trainer; fitness instructor; editorial staff member, Aerobic and Fitness Association of America's American Fitness magazine, San Diego, Calif.
Joseph M. Warpeha, MA, exercise physiologist; fitness consultant; instructor of kinesiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Scott Danberg, MS, director of spa and fitness, Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa, Aventura, Fla.
Reviewed by Ross Brakeville, DPT on February 24, 2016
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.