How can you relieve stress?
You will feel better if
you can find ways to get stress out of your system. The best ways to relieve
stress are different for each person. Try some of these ideas to see which ones
work for you:
- Exercise. Regular exercise is one of the best
ways to manage stress. Walking is a great way to get started.
Write. It can help to write about the things that are bothering you.
- Let your feelings out. Talk, laugh, cry, and express anger when
you need to with someone you trust.
- Do something you enjoy. A
hobby can help you relax. Volunteer work or work that helps others can be a
great stress reliever.
- Learn ways to relax your body. This can
include breathing exercises, muscle relaxation exercises, massage,
aromatherapy, yoga, or relaxing exercises like tai chi and qi gong.
- Focus on the present. Try meditation, imagery exercises, or
self-hypnosis. Listen to relaxing music. Try to look for the humor in life.
Laughter really can be the best medicine.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
May 03, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this