For help, see the topic
- Quick Tips: Getting Active At Home.
- Fitness: Walking for Wellness.
One Man's Story:
"Taking care of yourself
can make a huge difference in your health. It's possible that I
may still get type 2 diabetes at some point. But I know that even if I do, I'm
way ahead in terms of managing it. So don't sit around and wait for it to
happen. Get up and move!"-Jerry
Read more about Jerry.
If you smoke, quit
can help you reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes and other health
problems. Quitting can also reduce your risk of heart
attack and stroke. For help, see:
- Quitting Smoking: Getting Support.
Control blood pressure and cholesterol
When you have prediabetes,
you are more likely to get heart
disease than someone who has normal blood sugar levels. High cholesterol also increases
your risk for type 2 diabetes.3 So it's important to
keep your blood pressure and cholesterol under control. For help, see:
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) for high cholesterol.
- High Blood Pressure: Checking Your Blood Pressure at Home.