1 pound large shrimp, peeled (or top sirloin beef)
2 large sweet red peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
12 pearl onions, fresh (or frozen) and peeled
1 8-ounce package whole mushrooms, cleaned
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or canned in fruit juice, no sugar added)
vegetable cooking spray
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in zip-top plastic bag, then add shrimp. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Remove shrimp from marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and set aside for basting.
3. Preheat grill to medium high. Spray with cooking spray. Thread vegetables, pineapple, and shrimp onto metal skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.)
4. Place kabobs on grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side until done, basting with reserved marinade.
5. Drizzle remaining marinade over kabobs. Serve with brown rice.
Per serving: 251 calories, 27 g protein, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 19 g sugar, 311 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 13%.