Health & Fitness Features
Fitness for People in Wheelchairs
- Fitness for People in Wheelchairs
People who use wheelchairs can benefit from exercise. Learn seated fitness tips to boost your quality of life and improve your health.
- Top 9 Benefits of Exercise (and How Much to Do)
Exercise has significant benefits for your body and mind. Here are the top nine benefits of regular physical activity and exercise.
- Are You Fit for Your Age?
Learn what it means to be fit, how to get there, and what benchmarks you should use to determine if you’re on track for your age.
- We Need to Talk about Body Image in Female Athletes
Many female athletes struggle with body image, and it can put their physical and mental health at risk.
- Chair Yoga Poses
A chair yoga practice provides many of the benefits of yoga practiced on the mat and may be an option if you have mobility issues or health concerns.
- Strength Exercises for Tennis
Learn about strength training exercises for tennis players.
- Home Workout: Equipment You Need
Learn about the equipment you need to work out at home, from the affordable to more expensive options.
- How to Train for a Triathlon
Are you interested in completing a triathlon? Read about how to train and prepare here.
- How To Train for a 10K
Are you inspired to run a 10K? Learn about how to train and complete a 10k running event.
- How to Train for a Half-Marathon
Knowing how to train for a half-marathon will help prevent injury and burnout as you work towards your goal.
- How to Train for a Marathon
Need to get ready for a marathon? Learn more about getting started and building a training schedule to prepare.
- How to Choose a Personal Trainer
Learn what to look for while searching for a personal trainer.
- How To Use a Foam Roller
Looking for a way to relieve muscle tension? Try using a foam roller.
- How to Start an At-Home Yoga Practice
Have you always wanted to start a yoga practice at home? Read along to learn more and get some tips on how.
- Best Exercises for Leg Muscles
Learn about the best exercises to build leg strength.
- Best Exercises for Arms
Learn about the best exercises to build arm strength.
- Health Benefits of Tennis
Find out how playing tennis can be beneficial for your health.
- Most Common Tennis Injuries
Learn about the most common tennis injuries and ways to help prevent them.
- How to Choose a Home Elliptical Machine
Looking to add to your home workout routine? Learn about buying an elliptical machine.
- How to Choose a Bike Helmet
Learn what to look for if you’re shopping for a bike helmet.
- How to Choose a Bike
Struggling to find the perfect bike? Find out about the types of bikes, biking, and what to consider as you shop.
- How to Stretch Your Glutes
Struggling with your back, neck, shoulders, or legs? You could benefit from frequent or deep leg stretching. Learn more about why and how.
- How to Choose Water Shoes
Having a problem choosing the best water shoes? Learn some tips on how to choose water shoes.
- How to Stretch Your Shoulders
Step-by-step tips on how to stretch your shoulders.
- How to Do a No-Equipment Whole Body Workout
Learn about the benefits of exercising without weights and five exercises you can do from anywhere, including modifications.
- How to Do Squats, Lunges, and Hip Bridges
Looking to add new moves to your workout? Try squats, lunges, hip bridges.
- How to Do Seated Strength Training
Learn the benefits of seated strength training and five exercises you can do to improve your strength.
- How to Carry Things on Your Bike
If you use a bike for your daily commute, you need space to carry your day-to-day items. Learn how to create cargo space on your bike.
- Best Exercises for Shoulders
Working on building your shoulders’ strength? Check out these moves.
- 4 Benefits of Chair Exercises
Learn about chair exercises and how you can use them to improve your health.
- 10 Things to Bring to a Marathon
Learn about 10 essentials to pack for a marathon.
- Can Sleep Improve Your Athletic Performance?
Studies have found that good sleep can improve speed, accuracy, and reaction time in athletes.
- The Truth About Stretching
Should you stretch before or after a workout? And how should you stretch? Learn about stretching from some experts.
- How to Manage Sore Muscles and Joint Pain
Whether it's from an intense workout or jobs around the house, muscle soreness happens to everyone. WebMD shares the top ways to get you back to feeling great as quickly as possible.
- Yoga for Stress Management
Yoga is an amazing way to improve your overall wellbeing. It's never too late to give this practice a chance - here, WebMD provides a guide for beginners to kickstart your yoga journey.
- How to Stay Active Over the Holidays
It can be hard to find time to work out during the holiday season. Here’s how to stay fit and motivated.
- 7 Most Effective Exercises
Not all exercises are created equal. Some are simply more efficient than others, whether they target multiple muscle groups, are suitable for a wide variety of fitness levels, or help you burn calories more effectively.
- Woody Williams,Pitcher,San Diego Padres
Woody Williams is a starting pitcher for the San Diego Padres.