Women's Health Videos
Myths About Mammograms
- Myths and Facts: Pap Smears
Do you need to test every year? Does an HPV test detect the same things as a pap test? Here's what you need to know.
- On Her Path
In honor of International Women's Day, WebMD teamed up with Water.org and singer/songwriter Katie Ferrara to make "On Her Path," a music video about the health challenges faced by millions of women around the world who lack access to safe water and sanitation.
- What Are Kegels?
What are kegels and why they’re important to help strengthen your pelvic floor.
- The Basics: Perimenopause
Get to know the most common symptoms you might experience leading up to menopause.
- Going to New Heights
- "Taboo Talk" on Period Pain
After trying several treatments for her endometriosis, Samantha Sanders decided on a different approach and advocated for herself. Now she teaches others to fight the taboo of talking about periods.
- Cramping My Style
Staci Wolfson turned her painful experience, including a misdiagnosis and multiple surgeries, into a blog called "Cramped Style." She helps other women with endometriosis find relief and support.
- The Truth About IUDs for Birth Control
How safe are IUDs? Do they protect against STDs? Learn key facts about this birth control option and whether it’s right for you.
- The Truth About Tampons
Will tampon use dramatically raise your risk of toxic shock syndrome? Do they expire? Get answers to all your questions about this feminine hygiene product.
- Broken Heart Syndrome Symptoms and Triggers
How do symptoms of a broken heart mirror those of a heart attack? Learn more about this condition and how it affects you.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Causes and Symptoms
Pelvic inflammatory disease, or PID, is an infection usually brought on by an STD or bacterial vaginosis. When do symptoms appear, and what’s the most effective treatment?
- Vaginal Dryness Causes and Symptoms
Estrogen helps keep your vaginal wall lubricated, so a drop in this hormone can cause dryness.
- Vaginal Discharge: What’s Abnormal?
It’s normal for your vagina to discharge fluid to get rid of bacteria. But call your doctor if these symptoms arise.
- Hashimoto's Disease
Hashimoto's disease is an autoimmune disorder that gradually destroys your thyroid. Learn who is most at risk and how doctors detect and treat it.
- Sticking to Your Resolutions
How can busy moms stick to their New Year's Resolutions?
- What Women Need to Know About Strokes
Women are more likely to have a stroke than men. And the symptoms and risk factors can be very different.
- Video Quiz: How Well Do You Know Your Thyroid?
Your thyroid does a lot! Get to know this butterfly-shaped gland inside and out.
- The Basics: Toxic Shock Syndrome
Toxic shock syndrome is a rare but potentially deadly disease. Do you know what causes it, what the symptoms are, and how to treat it?
- Women’s Cancer Screenings for 30s, 40s, 50s, and Beyond
It’s never too soon for women to check for body changes. What tests should you start with in your early 20s?
- Women, What’s Your Body Telling You?
As women, it’s important to know your body and take note of any changes. These might be a sign of something going on.
- How to Prevent a Urinary Tract Infection
UTIs are painful but common. What are some simple habits women can do to avoid one?
- The Basics: Yeast Infections
Three out of four women get a vaginal yeast infection at some point. It's super common, and your doctor can help you get rid of it.
- The Basics: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) throws certain hormones out of balance. It's also a common -- and treatable -- cause of infertility.
- 5 Amazing Facts About Your Thyroid
This small gland in your neck has a big job. How’s it like a call center? And what’s its connection with iodine?
- The Basics: Your Thyroid Gland
Your thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland in your neck that does so many jobs.
- Would You Try This Trendy Period Gear?
You know about tampons and pads, but what else can prepare you for your cycle?
- UTIs and Antibiotic Resistance
The bacteria that usually cause UTIs are starting to resist drugs. What should you do when it doesn’t get better?
- The Basics: Look for Changes in Your Breasts
Get to know your breasts, and tell your doctor about any of these changes.
- Embarrassing Questions: Are My Nipples Normal?
What can the shape, size and color of your nipples tell you about your health? Watch to find out what's normal and what's not.
- WebMD Now: Wearable Health Tech Wonders
See the latest health trackers you can wear, and take a peek into what's ahead.
- WebMD Now: Who’s Healthier? Millennials vs Boomers
Millennials have been raised with more information than any generation before them, but does that make them more healthy?
- Brain and Bladder Connection
What part does your brain play in peeing?
- Benefits of Laughter
Is laughter really the best medicine for stress and pain?
- How to Prevent a Urinary Tract Infection
Doctors find it harder and harder to treat UTIs with antibiotics. Here’s what you can do to avoid the infection altogether.
- Embarrassing Question: Can I Be Allergic to Semen?
Your most embarrassing questions answered. Could you really be allergic to semen? Or is it more likely the latex condom or an infection?
- Embarrassing Question: Can I Lose Something in My Vagina?
Your most embarrassing questions answered. Can things like condoms, tampons, and piercings get stuck up in your vagina?
- Thyroid: What Does It do?
Learn how to avoid problems related to your thyroid.
- Do You Need an Annual Physical?
Your yearly doctor’s visit may not be as important as you think.
- Pelvic Exams
Are the benefits of pelvic exams worth the discomfort and distress?
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Laura Corio, MD, talks about the safety concerns surrounding hormone replacement therapy.
- Gender-Specific Care
Gender medicine specialist Marianne Legato, MD, discusses how women are still receiving care created specifically for men.
- Emotional Stress in Women That Can Kill
Gender medicine specialist Marianne Legato, MD, discusses how emotional stress can be extremely dangerous to women.
- Emotional Stress Can Cause Illness
Gender medicine specialist Marianne Legato, MD, discusses how stress can lead to illness in both sexes.
- The Health Mistakes Women Make
Gender medicine specialist Marianne Legato, MD, discusses common mistakes women make about their health.
- Stress That Can Kill
From how we argue to how we remember, our gender affects our relationships, says gender specialist Marianne Legato, MD.
- Understand Douching
Ob-Gyn Laura Corio talks about whether douching is recommended for women.