Missed or Irregular Periods - Check Your Symptoms
Call a doctor if:
- You have lower belly pain and think you could be pregnant.
- A home pregnancy test says you are pregnant, or you think you're pregnant even though the test says you are not.
- You have missed two regular periods and don't know why.
- You miss two periods while taking birth control pills, and you have not skipped any pills.
- You have not had your first period by age 16.
- You have not developed breasts or pubic hair by age 14.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Missed or Irregular Periods Topics