Children's Health Videos
- How Targeting One Gene Treats Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Doctors can ease the symptoms of SMA and strengthen muscles by boosting production of a specific protein. Which gene do they have their sights set on?
- Tears and Joy as Boy With Spinal Defect Walks
After spina bifida kept him in a wheelchair, 5-year-old Blake defied the odds and walked across the stage at his preschool graduation.
- The Truth About Meningitis
Does this rare but serious infection always come with a dark purple rash? How is it spread? Do you need antibiotics? Here’s what you need to know.
- 4 Ways You’re Weakening Your Immune System
These habits weaken your body’s defenses against germs. What takes a toll, and how can you turn it around?
- 9-Year-Old Helps Doctors Search for Cure to Rare Disease
Doctors track Ellie McGinn’s rare genetic disorder through remote technology so they can better understand how it develops. See how McGinn and her mother hope this new information can lead to a cure.
- Simple Ways to Prevent Meningitis
Meningitis happens when nerve tissue around the brain and spinal cord becomes inflamed. How do people transmit this infection, and what common symptoms appear?
- What Happens During a Focal Onset Seizure?
A seizure happens when a strong burst of electrical activity sends faulty messages to the brain. What do the two different types look like?
- Treatments for Meningitis
Treatments can help you avoid serious health problems brought on by bacteria and viruses.
- How to Help Your Kid Avoid Car Sickness
If your child is prone to nausea during road trips, take these measures before you set off on your next adventure.
- How Meningitis Is Diagnosed
You may need one of these tests to narrow down whether the cause is meningitis.
- What Is Treacher Collins Syndrome?
Treacher Collins affects how a child’s facial features develop. Get to know what symptoms characterize this syndrome, and how treatments can help.
- Early Signs and Symptoms of Scarlet Fever
The same bacteria that causes strep throat brings on the red rash that gives this infection its name.
- Kids and Cold Medicines
Two things are certain about raising kids. They'll get sick, and you'll have lots of medicine options. Our Pharmacist expert answers your questions.
- Myths and Facts about Bedwetting
Help your child stop wetting the bed by separating bedwetting facts from fiction.
- Bedwetting Causes
What causes bedwetting in children?
- How Meningitis Spreads
Knowing the risks of meningitis and how it spreads can save your life.
- How to Treat Head Lice at Home
Learn what steps to take after you spot lice in your child’s hair.
- The Basics: Meningitis Symptoms
Know the signs of meningitis before the infection spreads and causes further damage.
- Meningitis Types
Explore different types of meningitis and how each can become a more serious infection.
- All About Meningitis
We've all heard of meningitis but what is it exactly?
- Bedwetting Solutions
Learn to help your child with his or her bedwetting, step by step.
- Antibiotics and Whooping Cough
Can health care workers skip the antibiotics if they've been exposed to whooping cough? A new study aims to find out.
- The Basics: Roseola
A high fever and rash are signs of roseola, a common viral infection in children. How is it spread, and how do you treat it?
- The Basics: Mumps
Mumps is a contagious disease that can give you a swollen jaw, puffy cheeks, and other problems. How can you avoid it?
- The Basics: Whooping Cough
Whooping cough, or pertussis, causes dangerous fits. Learn about the vaccine and what to do if you or your child gets it.
- The Basics: Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
Need another reason for kids to wash their hands? It prevents sores, rashes, and blisters.
- Get Your Kids Back on a Sleep Schedule for School
Worried the kiddos won't be well-rested when school starts again? Get back into the swing of things with a bedtime routine.
- Headphones and Hearing Loss
Dial down the volume and listen up for the best tips to save your ears from further damage.
- Along for the Ride: Safety at Amusement Parks
The chances of being seriously hurt at an amusement park are low, but it’s important to follow the rules and practice a few safety measures.
- Home Remedies for Your Child’s Cold and Cough
How to relieve your kid's stuffy nose and cough without a trip to the doctor's office.
- Should You Call Your Pediatrician When Your Child Has a Fever?
Is your child’s fever a reason to panic? Should you go ahead and call your pediatrician?
- Do Kids Really Need to Take Vitamins?
Before you reach for the Flintstones vitamins, ask your pediatrician how you can make sure your child gets their daily nutrients.
- Is it Lice … or Super Lice?
Super lice? Sounds like a comic book character, but these pesky critters are the real deal.
- WebMD Now: Concussion Discussion
Parents are worried about their kids on the football field for fear of concussions. Learn how to spot the signs and what you can do to prevent trauma from a head blow.
- Can Children Get a Flu Shot?
Youngsters are prone to infection, but is it safe for them to get a flu vaccine? And why should you get one every year?
- How to Keep Your Child From Getting Sick at Daycare
Block contagious bugs crawling around your child’s daycare. Get tips to keep you and your little one from feeling under the weather.
- How to Relieve Your Child’s Stress
A balanced routine is important if your child is stressed beyond normal. Here’s how you can structure their day.