Mom’s Heartburn Meds Carry Asthma Risk?
Children Whose Mothers Take Prescription Acid Blockers More Likely to Have Breathing Disorder, Study Shows
WebMD News Archive
Tips to Reduce Heartburn During Pregnancy
Experts offer these tips for reducing heartburn without hurting your
- Eat several small meals each day instead of three large ones.
- Eat slowly.
- Avoid fried, fatty, spicy, or rich foods, chocolate, mint, carbonated
drinks, citrus fruits or juices, tomato, or tomato sauce.
- Don't lie down directly after eating.
- Keep the head of your bed higher than the foot of your bed.
- Ask your doctor about using medications such as Tums or Maalox, which are
generally safe to use during pregnancy. You may find liquid heartburn relievers
helpful in treating heartburn, as they coat the esophagus.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Tight-fitting clothes can increase the
pressure on your stomach and abdomen.